Persona Day Spa Houston, TX Bad Experience

My spray on tan looked okay for a couple of days but was very blotchy in my knees and ankle areas. The technician suggested I buy and use Summers Secret in which I did. She told me to put the lotion on every day to prolong the tan. I broke out in a rash and my legs and arms were extremely blotchy. I took pictures and submitted them to Kim DeMers Director of Operations SunFX America, LLC who recommended this spa to me. I asked her if she thought the spa would at least give me a refund on the product. She said it was up to the salon. I went to the spa & they did offer me a refund but told me there was a restocking fee. I was told that the technician misinformed me about the product, that it was actually a dye. The manager told me my skin just looks like I have a lot freckles. My skin looked horrible. She told me to use a sugar or salt scrub to help get rid of the discoloration and to use a heavy duty cream for the dryness. I ended up trading the Summer's Secret for a jar of expensive sugar scrub (even trade) and was still charged the restocking fee. They should have given me a total refund on the product and the spray on tan service and in addition to that, provided me with free treatment-scrub and moisturizer. They didn't offer me any compensation. It's been two weeks and my skin is looking normal again. I would never go to this spa again.

The staff was so much better back several years ago. They had a wonderful manger..

I can't remember her name but she was from Syria and such a lovely person... I do not think Persona appreciates good staff. They are NOT treated well, hence, the high turn over. It seems Persona wants "suitable" representation but when they get it, they suddenly feel threatened and quickly dismiss.

I believe that will be the spa's downfall. They have rebranded, it seems... from Persona Day Spa to Persona Medical Spa. I believe those in charge of hiring have a hard time getting along with anyone who doesn't hold a medical degree.

I do know there was much conflict between staff and their "SUPERIOR". ;-) It looks like they've also dropped many of their spa services because of this too.

ID
Dallas, Texas

About

Persona Day Spa Privacy Policy
To read more: https://personamedicalspa.com/terms-service-privacy-policy/
Summary

Persona Day Spa is a beauty and medical salon, that is conveniently located in Houston, Texas. In other words, both men and women can get nice spa and medical procedures there. Indeed, they offer everything from massage therapy, facial treatments, waxing and up to botox, laser hair removal, cellulite treatments and endermologie. Also this spa center offers to acquire gift cards, like a present for loved ones. Clients have a choice to pay by check, cash and such popular payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Discover. During procedures, specialists of this salon use Yon-Ka, Phytomer, GLYTONE and also SkinMedica product lines.

Persona Day Spa reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article