Sharmin M Jkb

| map-marker Sugar Land, Texas

Issues with the process

My name is sharmin.. I was looking for new home with Perry homes at Stonecreek community.

We just randomly saw a house which was just started construction..we liked it..

it was 4 bedroom as per online / virtual tour..

However then we got a sales call that they converting office to 2nd bedroom..

We were ok with it and signed the contract..

(We didnt see any virtual tour/ images) for this changed construction..

After few days when we went to see the house ( 3 days after signing the contract)

we saw the stairs railing was affected because of this conversion to bedroom..

We immediately call sales person ( Mihn) and informed him we were not made aware of this..

This is so wrong and miscommunication from Perry homes office..

Please call me to discuss this further..

We are not happy with way this process is going..

We are not expecting refund of earnest money.. we are ready to book a lot and build a house as per our wish

BUT again Perry is asking for additional earnest money of $20K

NEVER ever I have seen a builder asking for $30K as earnest money.

Sharmin

Preslie Rko
map-marker Leander, Texas

Warranty issues in perpetuity

Where do I begin? Drainage issues, defective vinyl flooring Perry cant seem to fix, plumbing issues, and appliance failure. Do not purchase from Perry homes, new or old construction. This builder cant be trusted. I was sold a bag of goods and have been lied to multiple times by Perry employees

User's recommendation: Do not buy a Perry home

Guest

Search youtube for the perry home experience, i'm having the same issues!

Hello! Having a variety of issues with my home that I purchased from PH.

Myself and other homeowners are trying to come together for a class action lawsuit.

Can we connect? Thanks!

reply icon Replying to comment of Kala Rjb

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2423538

How can we exchange contant info?

Lawson Gzf
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2424021

Hey Everyone, I have issue as well and documentation where they failed to fixed the problems. This builder is horrible and they definitely don't live up to there name.

reply icon Replying to comment of Kala Rjb

search youtube for the perry home experience, i'm having the same issues

View more comments (5)
Jessie V Wed
map-marker Humble, Texas

Bad flooring have had multiple warranties and they could never fix the issue. Really bad flooring materials I’m going to have to get a lawyer for this issue.

I've put in multiple warranties for my vinyl Floors which keep coming apart and everytime they fix it it just keeps coming apart again
Loss:
Cons:
  • Not good quality

Preferred solution: New flooring

Robert M Rcd

| map-marker Spring, Texas

Quality and safety

Do NOT trust Perry Homes!!!! Check ALL their work Thoroughly before you close especially the utilities!!!!

We have been in our home at Woodsons Reserve for 2 years now since July 2019. We love our house and especially love our neighborhood! Recently we decided to have a big backyard project done including a pool. When they came out to mark the utilities, we discovered that Perry Homes took a major SHORTCUT and ran the electric line from the electric transformer in the back of my yard, diagonally through the center of my back yard, completely outside the utility easement.

I contacted Perry Homes Houston, Texas on October 12, 2021, at (713) 967-**** and spoke to a lady in the warranty division. She passed along my information to Jordan Shumate of Perry Homes, Woodsons Reserve, who contacted me later that same day. Mr. Shumate asked me to email him the details of the situation and he along with a gentleman who he referred to as Alex would contact their management and let me know what could be done.

I asked Mr. Shumate if he and Alex would be willing to come to my house and meet with me so that I could show them exactly what I was referring to and how this was not only poor work planning, execution, but also a major safety hazard! On October 13, 2021, at or about 9:00 in the morning, Mr. Shumate and Alex arrived at my home.

They accompanied me to my backyard, and I pointed out the area in question. Alex informed me that he had spoken to his management at Perry Homes and stated that this was a common practice with Perry Homes, that Perry Homes does this all the time, and that Perry Homes will not route the line.

Pros:
  • Good floorplans
Cons:
  • Takes shortcuts
  • Construction and finishes were substandard at this price point

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: check and ask questions

View more comments (1)
Polly P Hxc

Bad service

Wow. I used an agent to view a Perry Homes in Copper Bend 50'/55" in Cypress, TX.

After viewing the home and trying to place an offer on the house my agent at that time, Cindi Conti of Compass (Do not use her - she will drop you in the middle of an offer like she did me because she is a complete unprofessional realtor) emailed me stating I was using 2 agents on the exact house in Copper Bend. She said that AME LANE of Perry Homes, (sales agent- possibly the worst ever) told her so. The fact is I never even heard of using 2 agents, nor did I. Cindi Conti Of Compass along with Ame Lane of Perry Homes made the entire story more complicated and then Cindi Conti of Compass refused to talk to me.

Yes! How rude! The story continued as weeks went after viewing the home. I heard Megan Madison of Perry Homes - Ame Lane's other sales agent at Copper Bend told another agent I was now using 4 agents, been arrested for embezzlement and fraud and I am not allowed to buy a house in the community!

What is going on with this world that people come up with these types of stories? I could not believe it. None of it was true and I did not buy any house in Copper Bend 50'/55" in Cypress, TX due to the fact both sales agents with Perry Homes started these racial-biased, untrue rumors about me.The entire experience with Perry Homes has been unreal, rude, pathetic and UNPROFESSIONAL ON EVERY PART. BEWARE OF MEGAN MADISON AND AME LANE AT PERRY HOMES.

They both are running a scam.

I heard Megan Madison lives in the community. Would not want that lady near any kids...imagine what kind of role model Megan Madison would be? BEWARE!

Highly not recommended. Not to mention the quality of the construction is mediocre.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Sales agent run a scam
  • Scammer
  • Megan madison is a scam

Preferred solution: I would like to be compensated for the punitive damages both Megan Madison and Ame Lane caused me.

User's recommendation: Do not Use Perry Homes and def stay away from Copper Bend Community. Megan Madison and Ame Lane run a scam

Buyer A

Verified Reviewer

Bad service by sales agent.

Original review Oct 14, 2021
Went to see a house for sale in Cypress Texas. House was listed by Perry Homes. Ame Lane was the sales agent for Perry Homes who was at the house when I saw it. It is after I saw the house and asked my agent at that time to place an offer is where Ame Lane ( aka Ame Lynn McDaniel , Ame Lynn Lane) told my agent I was using 2 agents to view the exact same house. My offer was not placed because my agent would not work with me thanks to the lies and scam Ame Lane created. I was not using 2 realtors nor was I scam. Ame Lane made it a bigger deal than it was and lied. I believe Ame Lane is a racist. She did not want me to have the house because her focus was on using 2 agents versus selling the house. How rude! Perry Homes needs to fire Ame Lane. If you ever come across Ame Lane with Perry Homes or Ame Lane in Houston, Tx or Cypress Tx -- BEWARE! Ame Lane is a cruel, lying racist fat pig who should spend more time at the gym versus trying to figure out who's agents are who. What a loser! Do Not use Perry Homes
Loss:
Pros:
  • Nice homes
Cons:
  • Lying sales agents ame lane
  • Agents who waste buyers time
  • Scammer

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: do not use Ame Lane

Veronica A

Verified Reviewer

Dissatisfied with the product for many reasons!

Updated by user Jun 09, 2021

I continue to wait for punch lists to be completed.

Original review Jun 09, 2021
After 4 cancelled closing dates, (3-16 Dec 2020) we are still waiting for Perry Homes to complete the "punch" lists that not complete 9 Jun 2021! The quality of paint, wall texture, and caulk on walls and cabinets was too numerous to list, guest baths had NO towel bars, master bath had no towel bars, back door deadbolt inoperable...to much to fit in this small box!!!!!!!!
Pros:
  • Good floorplans
Cons:
  • Construction and finishes were substandard at this price point

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: chose a different builder!

Sasha D Xsk

Never!

Perry Homes - Never!
Perry Homes - Never! - Image 2
Perry homes has decided to build on a wet land. They know this will flood other homes in the area and do not care. They filled in the area and are attempting to build new homes, knowing that this will cause major issues for the new homeowners years down the road. But do they care NO! Why because they will be long gone having moved on to the next area to destroy more lives and ruin more people. Perry home is unethical they knew that clear cutting over 200 acres would cause problems but they did it anyway. They did not get the proper permissions from the government and lied on their permit application by saying they would install a certain amount of retention ponds. They didn’t add the proper amount of retention ponds and when caught due to flooding they tried to blame the victims. They counter sued claiming people caused their own flooding, even though not once in over 30 years has any one of those homes flooded before perry homes came and cut down a forested wetland. Perry homes ruined the lives of hundreds of people, caused years of memories and hard work to be tossed out with the trash. Then when they were caught instead of trying to fix their error they fled leaving behind devastation and heartache. In a word perry homes sucks
Cons:
  • Destroyed lives
  • No accountability
  • Destroyed homes
Reason of review:
Destroyed life

Preferred solution: Fix what you broke

Jacob G Psh

Disappointment and Lied to multiple times

We bought the home on the 24 May 2019 through the Veteran Affairs Loan opportunity provided and both my wife and myself are disabled veterans that cannot perform the warranty repairs on our own physically. We have been relying on Perry Homes to complete these repairs and problems for 4 months. On the 6th of May we did the Home Demonstration with the Project Manager and the Building Manager from Perry Homes. We notified them of the back-exterior door needing replaced and fixed during this appointment. They had 2.5 weeks to have the issue resolved before we moved in on the 24th of May. They have been sloppy about the amount of quality that goes into fixing the problems and we have had to tell them exactly what needs to be done to fix the issue. For instance, an exterior door that leads to the outside is much heavier than an interior door. These doors require a 3” screw in the top hinges to sit the frame to the interior wall so it does not sag or shift later on (still not done BTW). These doors also require insulation to be placed in between the interior wall and door frames to prevent energy loss (still not done either). These are supposed to be energy proficient homes from what was described to us during the demonstration. This is a brand-new 2019 Perry Homes home and the quality of work that has been put forth, lack of follow through, and completion within a timely manner has not been present during the last 4 months of getting the craftsmanship warranty items resolved. Perry Homes does quick fixes that won’t last later on. They use caulking to fill in cracks in the plaster, fill in their own mistakes outside in the siding so the owner doesn’t notice and they attempt to recreate the trim pieces using putty and caulking for 3/4” gaps between bottom of trims and floors. I understand that this may not be the project manager or building managers faults but the follow through of saying you will stop by or check on the work needs to be there. If you say you are going to do something, then do it. Don’t go back on what you say you will do during the process. We don’t want quick fixes in our new home, we want the work to be done right and correctly for it being under warranty. I would not recommend Perry Homes to any of the Veterans or Active Duty that we know so that they never have to deal with the disappointment of owning a brand-new construction home or a brand new first home.
Reason of review:
Not as described/ advertised

Preferred solution: Price reduction

Real Estate Expert Talks

"I'm a Huge Proponent of Building a Home" Ty Wilde About Real Estate Industry

Sep 15, 2020

A real estate industry expert, Ty Wilde, shares his insights on whether to buy or build a house, what to consider when dealing with real estate agents, home inspections, and what to think of when investing your money.

Read full article
Ty Wilde
Ty Wilde

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article