Joined
March 16, 2016
Last Seen
March 27, 2017

TO :

Everything is in packaging, nowadays and yes, it is a pain to have to get rid of this junk. However, even if you have a small yard just get a metal 50 gallon drum from Tractor Supply or Home Depot, etc. and use that to toss the paper and plastic packaging into and then just burn it up once the drum is about half full. This is the best way to deal with the problem. Alot faster than trying to tear it up, etc. The kids can roast marshmallows in the fire as a treat.

TO :

I have the same problem with my JD X540. The lift arm on the left deck side has broken twice now in the past four years. I now keep a spare on hand. I suspect two things are causing these things to break: cheaply-made with inferior steel and stress put on the deck/lift arm while mowing. I have tried to "baby" the thing by going over bumpy ground slowly and also not turning the machine tightly, thus putting undue stress on the deck/lift arm while turning. I thought this was just a problem with one particular John Deere model, but apparently not. I am your age and have had John Deere equipment for decades but have noticed a slow decline in quality over the past few years. Still, John Deere remains better than most other brands I have seen. Good cutting.

TO :

I expect you failed to really read what you were signing up for. Your probably had a time limit in which to cancel your "membership" or "subscription" or auto delivery or some such terminology. Apparently, your bank caught the problem, having identified the company as being a problem with others. Keep a close eye on your charge account, however as they may try to charge you again in the future.

TO :

It has become nearly impossible to find chicken that is not tainted with blood. Just look at the fried chicken you get when you buy, for example an 8 piece box from any of many stores that sell this stuff in their deli---it is filled with dried, black blood. This is due to the way the birds are killed and processed. Chicken is cheap but rather badly processed if you purchase one of the few major brands like Perdue and Tyson. We now buy our chicken from a local meat store who gets it from a local supplier. The taste and quality is much higher than the junk you get from Perdue and others. Of course, the cost is higher, but we prefer to pay a bit more for better quality. In your situation, I would try different brands and see if there is a reasonalbly-priced brand you can try. Biting into a piece of fried chicken only to encounter dried, black blood has caused me to stop eating the junk and throwing it out for the coyote on more than one occasion.

TO :

As soon as you saw the charge on your credit card---because you always closely monitor your card's activity---you should have disputed the charge. At this point, it seems you had no luck with Frontier's glorious customer service and they eventually sent it to collections. You have a number of options---one is to simply ignore any and all demands for the money; take a look at your credit bureau reports and if this unpaid debt is listed, write a letter to the credit bureau(s) where it appears with a statement that it is incorrect and why; or locate a speeding ambulance and intercept the attorney following it and see if he will help you file suit for Frontier's harming your credit erroneously.

×