Joined
Last Seen
April 27, 2017
  Hell, Michigan

TO :

I can attest this is a very accurate post, however, there are much darker things that happens at Menards that you will never understand until you've experienced it. I would like to address the comment about the lack of training, I used to think that way as well. Then I got a job working for Target. I soon realized Menards training was half way decent for a big box store. While at Menards I had numerous work sheets I had to complete in my first month of work. Over the course of my next 5 years I had others and was always notified of a policy changes. I also had the option to do the in-home training online. The raise review test are 20 easy multiple choice questions and if you didn't pass them it usually meant you were lazy and clueless. Target on the other hand, had zero training. You were just expected to know. Mangers would make up BS policies on the fly to suit their needs. They had zero consistency. Menards training at least set you up for success if you put in the effort. Targets training was always set you up for you to fail, as well as their expectations. The reason you see high turnover rates at jobs typically means one thing, it's a bad job. The reason it's a bad job usually comes down to bad leadership or poor working conditions with insane labor expectations. The Menards I worked at everyone was miserable and everyone was afraid to speak up in fear of being fired or reprimanded. Guest/customers would be hostile towards everyone... The overworked constantly bullied... Show more

TO :

It has nothing to do with that. The reason this policy is in place is because Menards employees are not qualified to diagnose if it's a consumer caused issue or a defect in the machine. Far to many machines end up returned because the consumer is ignorant on how to operate it and destroys the machine. Other will use Menards as a free rental shop. This is a recommendation for Menards by manufactures. This policy is not exclusive to Menards other big box stores have similar policies. What 81 year old women is mowing her lawn anyways?? Her children have the time to find a special forum on the internet to complain for her, but not the time to mow their mothers lawn? Get real.... If you want better service be a better consumer! When making it a major purchase it's very important you learn the return policies of the establishment you're doing business at! Bad consumers just buy. Good consumers educate themselves first.

TO :

Seems like a troll post. It's hard to believe someone could be this much of a tool. Menards love republicans..... Menards even attempts to brainwashing their employees into voting that direction. A workplace with hire turnover generally means it's a bad place to work so why would you want to work there in the first place? You got banned from the store? Perhaps it's because you were being aggressive towards Menards employees... If this post is how you represent yourself it's safe to say you're not a good candidate for employment.

TO :

Let's see I've been told by guest/customers or heard by management the following. 1# Manager approaches me that lady said she "wanted to punch you in the throat." I was already assisting someone else and I did my best to get her where she needed to go. #2 I'm on lunch walking out to my truck my Menards vest is off I no longer look like an employee. The second I get out the doors a fat old lady sitting in her car points at me then screams "YOU GO GET MY CART!" I'm like your cart where is it? "YOU GO GET MY CART!" I then say I'm not aware of where your cart is, but I'm on my lunch and I have limited time I'm sure this person right here can assist you. "I can tell go get my cart!" I walked away. #3 Old man approaches me "I need help getting a deck box" sure no problem I will go get a cart and load it up. I grab a flat cart and place the deck box onto it. The old man then proceeds to stand there pure silence for 30 seconds. I'm like is there anything else? "HMFFFF aren't you going to push it for me" I say I can. His wife then interjects "fine I will do it." She grabs the cart and *** [it was easy after all to do :)] Of course they complain to the general manager. All he had to do was ask nicely and I was going to do it anyways after I pried the information out of him. I have hundreds of more stories of people being down hateful. Telling people to suck it up just shows your ignorance. Hateful consumers should be... Show more

TO :

Menards is right you're wrong. So tired of trying to educate clueless people about such simple things. It's very obvious you were being "abrasive" as well. Do you expect them to just sit there and take it forever after they informed you several times about restocking fees and your error? Want better service? Be a better consumer! You didn't pay shipping and handling!!! Restocking fees are to recover that money. You were all happy to have it sent to the store free of charge, but the second the color is wrong you expect Menards to take that loss......... Yawn so tired of tools. I just googled Home Depot restocking fees and guess what "Special Order returns or cancellations may be subject to a 15% restocking fee."

TO :

When a 11% rebate sale starts all items besides discontinued products previous sale ends. This means that item was on sale prior to the 11% rebate sale and when it started it was no longer on sale. When you're basically refunding 11% of everything you sell for a week it doesn't make any sense to have it on an additional sale. You are aware Menard's is in business to make money right? Sales/Promotions are to get people in the door! They run a new sale every week....... People see it in the flyer and they come running to the store...... If you worked retail you would grasp this concept and be nicer to the people working there. Most retail employees believe everyone should have to work 1-2 years of retail at some point in their life to better understand how it all works.

TO :

No one joins the military for a 10% discount. My grandpa didn't. My dad didn't. My cousins didn't. My friends didn't. They all believe the veterans who come crying to the internet about a 10% discount are a bad representation of what they stand for. Why don't police officers get a discount? Why don't teachers get a discount? Why are you so much more important than all other hard working Americans?

TO :

Clearly there was some type of human caused error. How that error happened is debatable. Did an associate stock the wrong product in the wrong spot? Did some guest/customer place it there after looking at it? Did someone place it there intentionally? Did someone place the bintag in the wrong spot? Did someone intentionally move the bintag into that spot, like yourself? Did you not understand the difference between and individual item and a cased item? If you accidentally filled in the wrong bubble during a test wouldn't you want a chance to erase it and get the correct answer? A reasonable person would understand errors happen. They would let it go and forgive. They wouldn't get all worked up about it and make childish demands. You're not dying. The world is not ending. Stop acting entitled. Want better service? Be a better consumer! The street goes both ways.

TO :

So you purchased a Ryobi tool that is exclusive to home depot, but never plan to shop there again? You yourself praised it to no end, but now the only dealer in your area of the tool you are wrote off. This seems very intelligent! What exactly is the problem? Because he seemed annoyed by you? Because you had to drive a little extra to get what you want? What really is the issue? Did you not get your tool? Get over yourself. You're the reason working retail is a nightmare. Nothing anyone does will ever be good enough for you and you will always find something to cry about. Want better service? Be a better consumer!

×