Joined
Last Seen
June 28, 2017
  Hell, Michigan

TO :

Genius putting private information onto a public forum. It's obvious you're clueless and are making a fuss out of nothing. You didn't even realize this forum was not associated with Home Depot. You gave your phone numbers to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

TO :

Where is the policeman discount? Where is the fireman discount? Where is the educator discount? Where is the doctor discount? Oh that's right they don't have one! But wait why do I never see any of them crying about a 10% discount? BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT ENTITLED LIKE VETERANS! My family members who are veterans think your type are a total disgrace to their career choice. Get over yourself! You did not join the military for a store discount!

TO :

A yes Veterans the most entitle working class of America. Every veteran(10+) in my family feels that veterans who come online to complain about a 10% discount are a total disgrace to their career choice. My military friends again feel the same way, get over yourself veteran! You're not special! You did not join the military for a store discount! Where is the educator discount? Where is the doctor discount? Where is the police officer discount? Where is the firemen discount? I don't see them on the interenet crying for a 10% discount, it's only entitled veterans.

TO :

Your name speaks volumes about your character, typical ignorant consumer. Your statement is rather contradicting. By your logic it's okay for random people to make bias complaints, but it's not okay for people with actual knowledge on how the store operates to provide information. I strongly dislike Menards because of how they treat their employees. Even worst is how terrible the customers treat Menards employees and are allowed to get away it. I once had a General Manger of Menards tell me "we know they're dumb, but we just want their money." This GM wasn't the only one with this logic, because it was fairly accurate. Most people shopping at the store never took their time to educate themselves about the store or what they were buying. Instead they would come in angry because they had no clue and didn't want to spend money on what they were buying. Their anger often gets redirected on the store employees. Then they refuse to listen and blame everyone but themselves. The ultimate solution for the majority of customer complaints is for that customer to EDUCATE THEMSELVES. To be polite! To be patient! To realize the world does not revolve around them. They are not special. It's amusing how many people will come charging into a Menards acting a total fool and try and get someone fired over nothing. When I worked at Menards we often talked about how it would be amazing if we could go into their place of work and do the same thing. Make a mess, throw stuff everywhere like they do... Show more

TO :

This individual represents the average intelligence of a Menards customer. Has zero clue how to write a compelling argument. Wrote two vague sentences with the vocabulary of an elementary student, sigh.....

TO :

Work at Menards for one year you will soon realize how nasty the customers are towards you. They treat you like you're the *** of the earth. They stomp their feet like children until they get their way. Bad/ignorant consumers are an epidemic and they need to be educated on what they're doing is WRONG. The customer is not always right, rather often they're completely clueless. They don't listen. They go but but but always trying to one up you. They will give you nasty looks. They will call you names. They will even threaten your livelihood over a box of screws. I had an Uncle shortly after he retired he took a part time job running auto parts, he eventually moved to a more remote location. He looked for another Part time job, he found one in a town 30-miles from where he is living at Home Depot. His life time job he worked at for 30+ years, his auto part delivery he did for a good 2-years. He quit his job at Home Depot in less than 30-days because the customers were horrible to him, down right nasty. If that doesn't tell you something is wrong with most consumers I don't know what will. I had a lady tell my manager she wanted to punch me in my throat. I had a person say I was a rude son of a *** when I was not in uniform and clearly off clock. I've a hundreds of other stories as well where the person was just looking to get me into trouble instead of caring about why they were their in the first place. People come and treat you like you're a punching bag and they expect you... Show more

TO :

Restocking fees are to recover FREE SHIPPING AND HANDLING!!!!!!! Which is only guaranteed if you keep the items. Did you pay for shipping and handling? NOPE! A lot of people take the free shipping and handling for granted, as if they are entitled to it. When a special order item is returned Menards losses a lot of $$$. Menards is not the only big box store with a RESTOCKING FEES policy. Menards will either need to ship it back or place it on the floor where it will take up unwanted space and eventually reduced in price to sell. Based on the fact you did not notice you were ordering a product vs them having it at the store tells me a lot about you, YOU DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. This is on you, not Menards. Want better service? Be a better consumer! The world does not revolve around you and this is a very reasonable policy.

TO :

I can explain how this happens. If you purchase something over the phone and the employee you're dealing with does not pull that item and place a sold sign on it ANOTHER EMPLOYEE can and will come along and sell it to someone already at the store. Very common for limited supplies sale items. This is why MENARDS put in place very specific policy that does not allow items to be prepaid or put on hold besides the online order function. Everything is considered first come first serve! This exact wording is in the policy. This means the person at the store technically gets priority for that item. The good news is they will refund what you paid, if you paid anything at all. Going deeper into why this happens is because employees go against this policy because they feel pressured by the gust/customer and sometimes management to make the sale no matter what. They may also be unaware of the policy, very common for people to forget or not care. While I worked at Menards I always went by the policy and it typically caused me more trouble than good. People would go over my head and talk to a Store manager and that Store manager would in return act like the hero while I was made out to be the villain for simply following the policy.

TO :

My most recent Menards receipts say this "Keep your receipt RETURN POLICY VARIES BY PRODUCT TYPE." I will confirm as well that around the push-mowers there are several signs indicating once gas is put into the unit it must go to a repair center for repairs and cannot be returned. A wise consumer will always check return policies on major purchases at the place of business before making a purchase. The person you spoke with on the phone was either new or outside of the hardware department. I worked for Menards for several years in the hardware department. Without this policy Menards and the manufactures would lose thousands if not millions of dollars because of consumer ignorance and thieves. The reason it must go to a repair center is to confirm that it was not a consumer caused issue. Menards employees are not qualified to make this assessment. If it's an actual defect in the machine it will be covered. This is an example I gave recently. The number 1 reason a push mower gets returned is because of BAD/OLD GAS. I purchased a mower from Walmart in 2012 very similar to what Menards carries on their lower end. 3 out of the 5 years I've had it the first time I went to go start it for the year it would not start. I knew the obvious answer it was the fact my gas I was trying to use was from the previous season. The second I got brand new gas it started up with ease. It's very important to use ethanol free gas as well. If you want better service YOU NEED TO BE A BETTER CONSUMER. I... Show more

TO :

Did you pay shipping and handling on this item? Nope! Restocking fees are in place to recover that lost money. You only get it free if you keep the item. Otherwise Menards now either has to ship it back or place it on the floor where it takes up unwanted space for months. SIMPLE! LOGICAL! Want better service? Be a better consumer!

×