Joined
Last Seen
February 20, 2017
  Hell, Michigan

TO :

Restocking fees are to recover the lost $$ from shipping and handling. You had free shipping to the store, and I bet you didn't complain about that. When you didn't hold up your end of the agreement Menards had the right to seek restitution which is a restocking fee. It's also to recover the loss from the store space it's now taking up from items that would sell faster. Want better service? Be a better consumer? Educated consumers are aware of return policies before they make any major purchases from a company.

TO :

This is a public form so why you're addressing Menards in your opening sentence like you're talking to someone who represents the store is beyond me. Your title is "Menards Big Card Credit Card Review." No where in your argument do you reference the big card and if you were you would be barking up the wrong tree because that is owned and operated by a specific bank, they get all the interest payments for it. All Menards gets is providing you a way to buy their stuff with money you don't have. Frigidaire dishwasher!!! Frigidaire dishwasher!!! Not Menards Dishwasher you should be angry with Frigidaire. They are the ones after all that produced the defective unit in question. It's beyond obvious if you wanted to make an exchange you must bring in the unit first. This is what we call common sense. Menards has every right to protect themselves from scammers and ***-artist. Would you loan your car to a total random stranger who just comes knocking at your door insisting they need it but they will bring it back? How would you feel if they became angry with you when you said no? How would you feel that this person became so offended by you saying no they ran to the internet to complain? You'd call this person a crazy person, that's exactly how you're acting like a crazy person. You want better service? Be a better consumer! It's a two way street!

TO :

You failed! Yes you failed! Failure is a great learning experience! If an only if you take responsibility for your failure! Stop blaming people you don't even know for following the rules set by their company. it's their job not your job. Your job is to not forget what you need, YOU FAILED. I bet you love participation trophies!

TO :

This is a manufacture issue and a consumer issue, it's not a retail issue. When will people learn retailers have ZERO CONTROL over manufacturing production issues. The funny part is you gave Lowes a pass and blamed Menards. You could have easily selected a different brand at Menards you just waned to be angry with them because. Get over yourself!! Want better service? Be a better consumer!

TO :

Either this is a troll post or an extremely unintelligent consumer. This is not a MENARDS WEBSITE it's a public forums!!! Why clueless people leave their emails, phone numbers or addresses on it for the world to see is totally amusing to me.

TO :

What exactly is your point? You seem to think you're being helpful, but you failed to explain why this policy is in existence. Which leads me to believe you're not all that aware of it yourself. The reason it goes to a repair center is because its a MANUFACTURES RECOMMENDATION TO Menards. Menards employees are not capable of diagnosing if it was a defect in the machine or a consumer caused defect. In order to protect Menards and the Manufacture from ignorant people they send it to a repair shop and if it's determined to be a defect in the product and not a consumer caused error THEY WILL BE COMPENSATED. The problem is consumers think they're prefect and want to accept zero responsibility for their ignorance. I once had an individual try and tell me his drill split clean in half when he dropped it from a 6 foot ladder and he wanted it replaced free of charge. First of all I called BS on that. It would take much more than dropping it 6 feet to cause it to split perfectly in half as if it was cut by some sort of saw. I've dropped an identical one over 10 times while at Menards at similar distances and all it ever did was bounce around. So I told him he was not telling me everything and that I would not refund him for something he caused himself in the first place. Of course he got all angry and refused to accept he was responsible for it breaking. the CEO of Ace Hardware call people like that bad customers and they don't want customers like that because they end up wasting Aces... Show more

TO :

Menards policy is first come first serve and take it with you. It's against policy to prepay items that are out of stock. The proper procedure is to special order that product, which it doesn't sound like you did. The alternative is you wait until it's in-stock and come back to the store to buy it. Or you can use online order pick up feature once it's in stock. It's also highly recommended you pick it up ASAP because stuff like this happens. It's also against policy to hold items. People will have items held for them and never pick them up. The problem is employees feel pressured to make you happy so they ignore the proper procedures, it's possible they're clueless as well. I always went by policy when I worked there and customers would get all angry with me about it because they could not comprehend why it was policy. It caused even more problems when other employees ignored policy or didn't know it. I once had a person asking me to prepay laminate shelving because we were out of stock and it was on-sale. He wanted the 15 on order for our floor stock. I'm like I cannot do that it's against policy. He is like well the east side does it all the time for me. I'm like well they shouldn't be doing that. It's very simple it's first come first serve, no holding. Prepaying is a little different but its 100% no if Menards is out of stock. If it's in stock I highly recommend using the online store order pick up feature.

×