Chevrolet - Case # 959********

Hello my name is Adriana, I own a 2013 Chevy Cruze with the vin # 1G1PC5SBXD719****. I have talked to a representative that gave me the case number 959********. I am wondering if my case is being looked into, as I have not received a call for the status of my vehicle. The problem I am having is that my car overheated and it wont turn on. It left me on the side of the road. Its having the same problems that Rotolo dealer in Fontana fixed two years ago. I called Chevy roadside assistance and the towing company they sent, transported my vehicle to the wrong dealer. Somewhere in San Bernardino, Ca. Now that dealer doesnt want to transfer my car to Rotolo, unless I pay for the diagnosis. I was not aware it was in the wrong dealer because I trusted the roadside assistance to take my vehicle to the address I provided them. The second problem is that the vehicle needs a new engine. The new engine shouldnt have stopped working after two years. This problem is also putting my family in danger, Im pregnant and have two toddlers that shouldnt be at risk in a faulty vehicle. I trusted that I bought a safe car and that has not been the case. My fiancé is loosing money by not being able to make it to work and that doesnt include all the money in repairs that I have already lost. I had previously bought a 2012 Chevy Cruze and the dealer had done a buyback because it had faulty breaks, which is more money lost including the down payment I gave and all the monthly payments. Now this car I have problems with it too and its already payed off without a single late payment. GM wants to charge me even more for their continued mistakes. I dont know whether to pursue the lemon law or what other route to take. It has been two weeks without an update or resolution. The dealer now wants to charge me storage fees for your delay. Its not fair that I put all this money and trust in a company that continues to fail me! Thank you, Adriana I
ID
#1952179 Review #1952179 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Fontana, California
Preferred solution
Full refund

ID
#1952170 Review #1952170 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Riverside, California

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: American Home Shield - Worst company ever!

Update by user Mar 29, 2019

The ac company that AHS hired payed for a brand new unit, and AHS payed for the installation fees. I didn’t pay a dime, but I still didn’t renew my contract with AHS to avoid any future headaches.

Original review posted by user Sep 27, 2018
Filed a claim for my ac unit to be repaired, the contractor said the compressor needed to be replaced. when they came out to install it, it was the wrong one so they had to reorder which was supposed to take up to 3 weeks.. it’s been over 2 months with no new compressor and no word from the ac company. When we call they say they’re still waiting for the compressor which in my opinion should not have taken that long and should be expedited if that was the case. I have a newborn and a toddler and have the malfunctioning ac running and it has cost me $400 electricity bills each month for 3 months because of the compressor not working properly. They sent out a shady contractor that was charging us $840 for refrigerant and other “services” that weren’t covered, we denied and then they said they made a mistake and brought the price down to $540. So if we would’ve agreed 30 seconds prior they would’ve robbed us $300. Yet AHS won’t let you choose your own contractor. I’ve been calling AHS and they say they’ll return my call which doesn’t even end up happening. Both the ac company and AHS are beating around the bush and with the accumulating expenses and fees, I could’ve just purchased a new unit. This company is ridiculous I would never recommend it, not even if the contract was free.

But you are going to wait on them, aren’t you, and let them come back and perform the *** job on your system? Of course you will, because you recognize that it will take far more than $540 or $840 to properly resolve your faulty ac unit.

You likely don’t even own $540. You know that a compressor changeout is not going to fix your ac problems, right? You are about to waste $540 that you probably don’t have, to further aggravate the situation. If your system is the older R22 refrigerant, you are about to make a costly mistake.

However, you don’t care because the way you figure, it is the only move you can make, and remain in this AHS game. If you don’t proceed with this I’ll-advised repair, it’s game over. If you pay the $540, and wait until the company finally works on your system (which they don’t want to do, in case you didn’t know, because it won’t fix it and they are going to spend more than $540 and AHS probably isn’t paying anything at all—)at least you’ll still be in the game, complaining how you are owed something for free. You won’t switch warranty companies, because you want to be in the position of being the aggrieved customer, who deserves restitution.

You don’t want the air to work, or if you really did, You would have accepted a cash out and hired someone on your own months ago. The newborn and the toddler deserve parents who will provide for them and not take part in scrimpy games with the necessities. You have yourself to blame, that you haven’t done your children right, if you are indeed living in a house with no air for 2 months during summer because you can’t hire a reasonable contractor yourself or buy a window unit or two. It’s a game, and you know it, using your toddler and infant like pawns, making them suffer because you can’t or won’t do the right thing.

It’s not AHS’s fault, it’s yours. Houses get old and items need replacing.

Going the warranty repair route should only go so far, and their comes a time when a homeowner should man up and put the family first. If you can’t, then perhaps homeownership is not for you.

@Amityville

It’s not only the $540 and $840, like I said I’ve been paying $400 in electricity bills. The compressor isn’t working and I still have the ac running, due to the fact that it helps cool te house a little.

You don’t know me or my situation. It’s actually pretty funny how ignorant you sound speaking on something you know nothing about. If only you knew how much I do have, but it seems like you’re speaking from experience on not having those $540. It was never even about the $540, it was about the fact that I was gonna get scammed out of $300.

I wasn’t offered a cash out nor did they let me hire my own contractor from the beginning. Trust me my children are far from suffering. Like I said it’s difficult for an ignorant person to understand, speaking on something they know nothing about. Anyways, I just got a call from AHS, they’re replacing the whole ac unit.

I guess expressing my frustration and what I’m going through got me somewhere, right!? With your mentality you won’t get far in life sweetie, good luck!

@Adriana i

Please update with what the modifications cost, sweetie, as I’m sure it won’t be free. Then you’ve spent your entire summer dealing with a simple problem, paying $400 a month in utility bills while you stress with a newborn and a toddler in the heat.

And what difference does it make how many babies or elderly people or pregnant people you have in your home? That just means YOU should handle the situation immediately YOURSELF instead of letting babies suffer, then deal with AHS later.

It’s a game that you obviously enjoy, or if you HAD the money to avoid wasting your summer you would’ve taken care of it long ago. AHS is not going to change, nor are their customers, or contractors.

@Amityville

My children aren’t in the heat that is why I’m paying the 400 a month in electricity. The ac is still running, they are far from suffering..

that’s the difference that I can’t have the ac off since I have them in the house.

Why am I gonna be paying for insurance to go take care of it myself? Obviously common sense is not that common haha.

@Adriana i

Enjoy paying those non-covered charges then!

View more comments (4)