Chevrolet - 10,0000 for repairs

Purchased a 2009 Hybrid Silverado over a year ago, with 109,000 miles. “In theory” this is a brilliant design. If only the design as advertised warrants it’s Chevrolet name www.chevrolet.com. We have had some a series of repairs since purchase. Now the truck abruptly stop while driving. It's been taken, to GMC dealerships 4 times, with several repairs mounting into the thousands. Now the truck is still at the dealership with a repair cost of 10,000. Yes, you read correctly $10,000. Of course we were told the truck isn’t worth fixing. After looking at that repair estimate for a ASM module and ASM transmission, my technical brain got to working. How can a module go out? Here is the over view of Chevrolet's customer service. I called Chevrolet to see if we could get a resolution. After being insulted by the 2nd line manager. This manager, had the audacity to imply that I couldn’t afford the repairs, talk about a lack of empathy. Oh and he was dogmatic about it too. Transferred to the 3rd line manager. She was very polite. However, she went there, she boldly told me “NO”. She implied a couple of settle insults, "the quotes didn’t come from a GMC car dealership" "due to previous owners they have no idea what maintenance was performed" "due to the age of the truck and miles it's not covered under any warranty or for any assistance" I’m thinking what is she talking about. How can an average person perform maintenance on a module that connects to a transmission? Talk about insulting! Was told my case would be escalated. Today I’ve been told that Chevrolet is not responsible due this is a bumper to bumper issue. From my ignorant understanding doesn’t bumper to bumper mean maintenance. How can a module be covered under bumper to bumper? How is a consumer to supposed to maintenance a module? Of course Chevrolet thinks this is great customer service and stand by their product and decision.
ID
Cleveland, Ohio
Product
2009 Chevrolet Silverado Truck
Reason of review
Pricing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution