Peruzzi Mazda - Slimy & Sleazy Sales Tactics

Went in to see car, 09-22-2018 agreed upon a deal, got buyers order & while at the dealership I called my credit union, as I was already pre-approved for all financing, sent over buyers order & called my insurance company & added car to my policy. I did this all in their presence at the dealership so they knew I was serious and was buying the car. They tried to get me to use one of their finance companies but I told them I wasn't interested in theirs since I was already approved by my credit union. After going thru all this they tell me they don't accept down payments on a used vehicle & that the car will still be offered to anyone who walks thru the door after I leave since no money has been received. So I tell them I want it, it's sold, I'll bring them the check Monday morning as that is when the loan dept can cut check. I leave & then get an email couple hours later that says they sold the car to someone else who came in and did "everything" today. In other words they used their finance company which more than likely benefits them more financially than me bring in my own cash. This dealership has no loyalty to a customer just the money. Very slimy & sleaze tactics to sell a car out from under someone after a deal has been agreed upon. If I had been on the fence or told them I'll get back to you, sure offer the car to someone else, but I closed the deal with them and would be back on the next business day to complete the financials. Never have I had a dealership do this in all the years of buying cars. Once you agree upon a deal and do paperwork it is a done deal. DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM!!! TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE!!!
ID
Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania
Service
Salesstaff Customer Care
Cons
  • Underhanded sales tactics
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Mazda Corporate needs to investigate the sales tactics of this dealership