Chevrolet - I will NEVER buy another Chevy product and warn all friends and relatives against them. We went in for the "fix" to our Bolt and can now only charge to 80% This was not enough to get us home from Eu

Update by user Jan 03, 2022

Our 2020 Chevy Bolt was recalled due to the very unlikely possibility of fire. We were told to go to the dealer for a "fix."The "fix" was to permanently limit charging to 80%.

We were able to go from 100% downward on our own. Now, we have no control.As a result we were unable to drive home without stopping from Eugene, OR after charging 3 hours at 220 volts. (Like a home charger.) Eugene is 106 miles from our home!Thus, we basically now have no car to go anywhere since range drops precipitously in the winter. We paid $44,000 for this car a year ago and it is basically worthless for any trip more than 50 miles now!Tired to call Chevy and all their lines are busy.

Dealer told me my our complaint was his second today.This is our second Bolt.

We bought a 2017, the first year they made it, and liked it so much we traded in for a 2020.Now, we are going to trade it in for a Ford Mustang as it has a range of 305 miles. And better, new batteries.

Original review posted by user Jan 03, 2022
Furious about the "fix" to my 2020 Bolt. We now can't even get 106 miles from Eugene Oregon without stopping to charge! I want this "fix" reversed. This is our second Bolt. We have told all our friends and relatives to buy one. I am going to mak

User's recommendation: Don't buy a Chevrolet Bolt or for that matter any Chevy.

ID
Portland, Oregon
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution