Roseville Auto Plaza

I test drove a vehicle on Sat 9/25 around 5 pm. I dealt with David, the salesperson. I liked the vehicle but was not ready to purchase at the moment as I needed to think about it overnight, and the car was very dirty. I gave a deposit of $300 to secure the car until the following morning (Sun) so I could look at it one more time, and they would have the car cleaned by then. I returned the very next morning, Sun 9/26, and inspected the vehicle further. I drove it again and determined that it was just not the right car for me. I told David this and requested my deposit back, this was less than 24 hours since the deposit had been placed. He said I needed to speak to Will, the manager, on Monday morning (9/27). I called Will the next morning (9/27) and he said he'd have to "think about it" (re: returning my deposit). He requested that I come to him in person. I said that is not necessary as the deposit was on a credit card, and I simply wanted him to return it. He became belligerent when I told him this was not a negotiation and I just want my money back. He said he'd "call me back", and has not. It was a very unpleasant experience and I was never loud or rude. There was never any sales or purchase agreement signed, nothing was ever given to me in writing or told to me that the deposit would be non-refundable - it was simply a deposit to secure the car until the very next morning where I could inspect it further.

Don't buy ANYTHING FROM ROSEVILLE TOYOTA LOCATED IN THE AUTO MALL.

I took my car in for ANOTHER RECALL THIS MAKE FIVE, I really like the, it may catch on fire and the car accelerating on its own,

I took car in so it would not catch fire (I wish it had) I pick it up I'm driving and now my sun visor is literally slapping me in my face!

I call the ***! From the service department who tells me there is a recall on that to call corporate. I call corporate oh, my vin is not under the program

I call Roseville so sad too bad!

I get in a fender bender at a freaking stop light! Car accelerated, I kiss car in front of me, now there is a class action law suite I was never told about regarding the acceleration!

Hmm is it time to get an attorney? Yep I think so!

Stay away from them. Buy American, wait. :x

Actually don't by a Toyota because between corporate and Roseville Toyota your car may catch fire or accelerate or worse! I have always bought Chevy. How am I gonna sell this disaster on wheels? Wait, that's what an attorney is for...

Go to John l. Sullivan. I've bought every car there since moving here, never had a problem. Live n learn. :( :cry :x

Here's my experience buying a car from Roseville Auto Plaza. You can take from it whatever you want.

I was very impressed when I first came onto their car lot. Very clean cars at very good prices. We felt no pressure from David (salesman) who seemed to be only interested in helping us get a good car for our daughter who was going away to college. I remember thinking to my self that I had finally found a place I would like to do more business with in the future.

David interested us in a 2002 Volkswagen Cabrio. Seemed like a good car, clean and very low miles. Upon driving it I noticed an occasional whine coming from the front of the car. I told David, so he and I took it for another drive, and he assured me that both the transmission and car were fine, not only because he thought so but because his mechanic had inspected the car as well.

So I thought it might be a wheel bearing if anything. I purchased a warranty on the transmission for peace of mind. A week or so later I took it in to get it checked out by my own mechanic before making the 3,000 mile trip across the U.S. The transmission was shot.

Took it to AAMCO for second opinion, and they recommended that I NOT even drive it home...completely unsafe to drive!! $2500 to fix it.

I called Roseville Auto Plaza, now knowing they had sold me a car with a bad transmission. I hoped they operated their business with a conscience.

I now know my money is their bottom line. I learned that the warranty would only work if the car broke down on the road and wasn't a prior condition to the purchase of the warranty. After repeated phone calls they said they had $500 dollars profit from the sale and would send it to me as a check to help compensate my losses. Waited, never came.

Called Will. He said he just got back from vacation and hadn't been there to sign the check. He assured me he would sign it and it would be in the mail that very day. Sent them an email requesting it again.

It's been six plus weeks and still no check. Frank suggested I buy a better warranty, wait 30 days and file a claim. (Basicly fraud the insurance company).

Parts they promised were in the mail, came 3 weeks later . I'm nearly 50 years old and by far this has been the worst business experience I've ever had.

View more comments (1)
ID
#200379 Review #200379 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sacramento, California