Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology - Unexcuseable

My son was referred to Mara Okshteyn MD an endocrinology specialist at the Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology in Wilcox Arizona. I felt comfortable with the initial consultation visit. We left confident that this doctor would be able to help my son. I would describe the additional visits but there were NONE she was in the process of relocating her office and was not able to schedule my sons follow up appointment on that day. A member of her office staff told my son she would call him with the appointment but she never did. My received some small test tubes in the mail. He had no idea what they were or what they were for. He had to call Dr Okshteyn's office for directions on what to do with these tubes that he randomly received in the mail. The directions with the tubes were unclear and hard to understand. He followed the directions that were given to him. He then waited...and waited...and waited...and waited…and waited until finally I called the office and was informed that the tubes were damaged, The test had never been completed and had to be redone... My son was NEVER made aware that the test tubes were damaged. Dr Okshteyn made absolutely NO attempt to contact him so he could retake the tests. Had I not called he would still be waiting for the test results. The doctor then refused to take any responsibility for not informing my son about the damaged test tubes instead she blamed everything on the Graham Hospital Laboratory (which have always been prompt and reliable) My son received more test tubes in the mail we were expecting them this time but along with the tubes came a small blue pill wrapped in bubble wrap and a big rubber band. My son AGAIN had to call the office to find out what the pill was for. He followed the directions given to him by office staff. AGAIN he waited…and waited…and waited… and waited …and AGAIN no communication from the doctor or her staff whatsoever!!! I had to call Dr Okshteyn's office AGAIN. They blamed Graham Hospital Laboratory AGAIN but this time they claimed they had never received any test results. AGAIN they did not bother to call my son to make him aware that the results were never received. It was a COMPLETE waste of time and after all this he STILL had not been scheduled for follow up appointment. Needless to say I was beyond frustrated. After I was given excuse after excuse I was short and firm with whomever answered the phone. I made them aware of my frustrations and I admit I was not polite. I was then contacted by the doctor herself and was given even more excuses. Two weeks after I spoke with Dr Okshteyn personally, I received a phone call from someone who was absolutely clueless. She admitted she had only been assigned to my sons file the day before. Of course I was livid. I believe it was during this conversation I informed them that would be seeking medical care elsewhere. She had no problem promptly charging my insurance. Afterwards my son received a letter in the mail stating that all his tests results were normal and that they were dropping him as a patient because of my complaints. With total disreguard and without a second thought WASTED WASTED WASTED my sick son's precious and valuable time. Now he has to start the process all over again. I'm devastated and scared that crucial time has been wasted waiting for this incompetent poor excuse for a doctor.
ID
#200316 Review #200316 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Globe, Arizona