Geralds Tires And Brakes - Two opinions on wheel bearings

So, I had Mobil mechanic from Edisto Beach riding in my car. An older gentleman who had too much to do to fix my problem that he told me aboutwheel bearings need changing. So, I got my friend to change my oil and check out wheel bearings. He has been in business a long time. The report was nothing found wrong. So, I asked your location on Rivers Avenue, whom I trust absolutely. They checked it a few days ago and told me right front wheel bearing(s) needed replacement. He told me that probably I had hit a pothole and had hurt my bearings and they had been getting worser and worser. He told me to bring it back due to the fact it would take two hours and they would not have enough time. So, This am I went to the same location with paper from previous visit, which I thought had diagnosis on it but, alas, it did not. Apparently the gentleman who had checked it before was not in today. So, Chris checked it and road tested it and found nothing wrong. So, I loaded up my two hour wait period stuff and put my credit card which I had prepared to put close to the estimated repair cost of almost 500.00 on it, which I had previously been told, and got in my car and came home. I will say that it did sound smoother driving home. Yes, I told Chris, I know I have oversized tires on my Honda 2014 Hybrid Touring edition with 270 k miles on it. I explained to him the two whys I drive on the sometimes very wet and nail strewn streets of Charleston, not to forget the deep potholes, as the reasons for my larger than required tires. I always buy tires from you guys because I can ALWAYS trust you. So, what would you do if you were in my car seat, driving a car 1500+ miles a week? BTW, I had recently used my car to carry several loads of ceramic tiles in my trunk. Could this possibly have caused a temporary noise in my rolling down the road.

User's recommendation: Always trust Gerald’s.

ID
#3201516 Review #3201516 is a subjective opinion of poster.
North Charleston, South Carolina