LexisNexis - They Suck

I was approached to extend my existing contract for LexisAdvance which ends January 2022. The price was $159. They offered me "public record" to do searches at a reduced rate if I would extend my contract for three years for a total bill of $200. Apparently I needed to be "credentialed" before they could give me public record which I found out after the fact. After ten days of their software failures and cucstomer service nightmares I decided I no longer wanted their product and revoked my agreement. Mind you, their contract says they accept the contract when they provide me the services (plural). They never provided me with the services. So you think that should be a no brainer for a company that claims to provide legal research but no, I cannot get past my non-lawyer account manager Kyle Stapleton's supervisor and non-lawyer Danieelle McKinniss, even though I have requested that the matter be escallated to someone who understands contract law repeatedly. Maybe their bosess read their reviews. I highly recommend going with WestLaw or any of the free or much less expensive and less drama filled options. Oh, I tendered my payments through my existing contract on November 20th. So far they have no cashed them.

User's recommendation: Run. Use WestLaw.

ID
Cons
  • Poor account reps
  • Trying to force me to pay contract i revoked
Preferred solution
Stop insisting I am bound by a contract I revoked that they never accepted