Lauras House Bakery - Laura's House Chimney Rock NC

What a place. My family and I sat down to eat on 4th of July Weekend and totally got ignores. After waiting 1 hour and being told numorous times by the owner that the food was coming right out,, it never did and we gave up. What is really going on is that the restaurant is used to try to recruit investers as they are trying to go nationwide with the bakery. They have a big sign as soon as you enter about they have an opportunity for a large contract and are looking for investers. The owner spent all his time at the tables with the older people giving them free cake and really working who he assumes may have money to invest. It was almost very uncomfortable. I am 40 and really was made to feel unwanted here. Once we finally said enough and told him we were leaving he seemed not to care and just said the were backed up which was funny since the resaurant was only 50% full. I would not eat there and I suggest anyone considering investing in the business run as he is obviously a total rip off.

You should use spell check and proper punctuation if you want your opinions to be taken seriously

I live in Lake Lure and know this family by reputation. They are looking to grow their business so they can give back to people in the community who cant cover their cancer treatment cost. They lost one of their kids not to long ago to cancer and are now on a mission to help as many people as they can that are in the same boat but don't have the funds. As for the food, I have always been very impressed with everything. The cakes are also out of this world. It only takes one person with a chip on their shoulder or who is having a bad day to spark a negative vibe about a locally owned hard working family. How about you do your homework before you shoot your mouth off next time. If you start looking for the positive in this world and don't always focus on the negative, you might be pleasantly surprised by what you find.

Virginia M

Lake Lure NC

@Virginia

We loved this place, but just returned here on vacation and Laura's House is closed ?! Does anyone know what happened to the owners ?

I stop there to eat with my sister inlaw for the fist time.there was only about 5 people there and the service was terrible. The first tea we got tasted like soap.

The girl said they must have spill something in it. So i got a soda after a sip i notice something inside ... ants... Both drinks had ants..

We had already order the food but we left, i cant imagen what i was going t find in my food. The girl acted like she didnt even care she said something like.. We cant win them all !!

I dont know what she meant but it sad that they dont care. People can get sick.!!!!

I really love there food and there hospitality is very welcoming, they are really kind people and the food it is awesome... :) and I cant wait to go back again.

This place is so good that I was looking it up to remember the name so that I can be sure to go when I am at the mountains. Shabba you are crazy.

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience, but people like me (that work in the service industry) HATE people like you that feel like the world revolves around you. I'm sure they were glad to see you leave and that you won't be coming back.

Shabba obviously does not know what she/he is talking about. Laura's house is a great place to eat in Chimney Rock.

As for the "big" sign when you first go in... there is a small whiteboard, about 2x2 I had to really look for it, that mentions investing. The staff was very friendly and attentive and the food was very good. The country fried steak was perfectly crispy outside and tender and juicy inside.

The mashed potatoes were obviously fresh and made from real potatoes, not a mix.

All of the vegetables were very good and you can get breakfast all day! We also tried the cake and it was rich, moist and full of flavor.

''Shabba'' You said it yourself --you were at a restaurant on 4th of July WEEKEND and it wasn't empty but HALF FULL OF OTHER DINERS! You were NOT ignored --the owner KEPT coming over to apologize and let you know that they were working on your meal! ..You see, the cooks work on orders as they arrive into the kitchen, they can only fulfill one order at a time..You are arrogant, not to mention IGNORANT & IMPATIENT!

I look forward to eating at Laura's House when I am in the area. Their down home cooking is extraordinary and the owner and his wife are two of the most pleasant folks that I have ever met.

I highly recommend their fried chicken (that does sometimes take a while) and their cobbler with ice cream.

We also usually take a cake to go and love the selection that is usually available. :p

View more comments (16)
ID
Raleigh, North Carolina
Loss

Cruise Value Center - They jus have bad customer Service Willnotreturn call

I have to agree about cruise value center. i have worked with a lot of travel agencies and just plain and simple once they get your money they could care less about you. I have left several messages with questions and concerns and just have to keep calling back finally I will get someone. I definately will NOT use them again. When I finally reach Marsha I feel as if her attitude is saying why are you bothering me. If I hear one more time I am not really making that much money I am going to puke. Lesson Learned but my recommmendation is that even with the onboard credits they offer it is not worth it.

Not all agents are like the ones you have come across, I not only have a 800 number directly too me, but i also give my clients my cell number in case i'm away from the office.

Kimberly