Auto Renew on Furnished Finder can not be reversed

Update by user Oct 25, 2018

The Furnished Finder contact told me accounting would email me the next day and still no email from them. Same story they told me two other times.

No one there will accept responsibility and deal with this complaint. So sad on their part.

Original review posted by user Oct 23, 2018
Furnished Finder sets your plan to Auto Renew with out your knowing it. If you do not turn this feature off it will auto renew and they will NOT refund you your $99. They say they send an email stating your account will auto renew, but I did not receive that email. When I returned from vacation and asked them to refund the fee they stated they would not and that it's written all over their site. I called 4 months ago to cancel my account and they stated I didn't need to do that, all I needed to do was "hide" my account and there would be no charges t me. She "hid" my account at that point. Then my account auto renewed for the future year and when I asked for my money back because I was not going to use the site in the coming year, as I told them 4 months ago, they would not refund my money. I told them I did not receive the email stating they would auto renew (lady told me they sent an email) and I asked them to resend it showing they sent it and they did not have proof of an email sent to me because they never resent it. I called 3 times, was put on hold for LONG periods and then told accounting would call/email me. Accounting never called or emailed me and Furnished Finder would not return my money or get back in touch with me regarding this fee. What gets me most is that this fee is for services in the future which I am not using and they will not refund my money. Do not do business with Furnished Finder as their customer service team is instructed to "put you off" and not send information to accounting. I get the feeling this is a very small company as I got the same person twice when calling in to ask for my money back that was taken from my account for a service I was not going to use and had not used for over 4 months.
#1976188

I have had a very similar experience with their auto-renewal and terrible customer service. The day I received a notification of the charge (from my bank, not their app!), I tried to log into my account and could not even see my listing.

When I got them on the phone, they told me that they would not refund me the $99 (an upfront fee for a year of service that I would not use) because it had been more then 10 days. When I pointed out that my email had been sent exactly 10 days after the charge, they suddenly said it had to be within 7 days.

When your service is so terrible (I have never seen an app or a website that is both terribly designed and terribly engineered - it crashed all the time!) you need to at least have a good customer service. Do they really believe that refusing to refund a customer and hiding behind a supposedly contract would help them out in the long run better than having good business practices ?

ID
Parker, Colorado
Product
Furnished Finder Account
Pros
  • Nice website
  • Tried to cancel plan and they auto renewed 3 mo later
Cons
  • Customer service did not follow through
  • Called 3 times with no call back
  • Auto renewal policy is added without your permission
Reason of review
Problems with payment

Beach Palace - PER PERSON/PER NIGHT = OVER $4,000 for food/drinks

When I called Interval to see what booking an All Inclusive would mean cost wise. They told me where to look and told me go to month you are going an look at those rates. When I said then it will be $616 he said yes. He did NOT say that was PER NIGHT. When Beach Palace called to get me to pay for the all inclusive meals/drinks they told me it would be $4312. When I gasped they said they could "Down Grade" me to a studio for 1/2 that. I still refused to pay as I was lead to believe it was $616 for the week for meals/drinks. They said this happens all the time. They would not budge. Don't get caught in this trap of all inclusive resorts in Mexico; stay clear of them. The food there is not THAT much better than US to pay have to pay THAT much per week for food! We changed our reservations to The Royal Islander which is NOT an all inclusive but just as nice - or better of a resort in Cancun, MX. Just to be fair, Interval is as much at fault as they should list the All Inclusive Meal/Drink rates at a week rate, NOT nightly. It should also be highlighted and in Red to WARN people ahead of time. It would save them a lot of hassle!
ID