Wyoming Service Center Screwed Us Over

I innitially needed my speedometer and sideview mirrors repaired on my truck, so I took it to a recomended mechanic to get these things fixed. The mechanic noticed that their were several other things wrong with my car such as the breaks. He first went to work on the breaks and fixed them fine. He then installed the new sideview mirror and did a good job. This totall bill came out to be around $960, which is a bit pricy but I was fine with it. He then checked out the speedometer and said that he would need to order some sort of sensor in order to fix it, which was around 100 dollars. When the sensor arrived he realized that this would not fix the car and said that he needed to order some 300 dollar part to fully fix the speedometer. This was getting to be too pricy, so I just told him not to worry about the speedometer and just to give me the bill. I was expecting the 960 dollars along with possibly some small labor charge going towards fixing the speedometer. He told us that we owed him 700 dollars for labor on the speedometer alone!!!!!!! Keep in mind that he didnt even fix it in the first place, and it was ultimatetly his fault that he ordered the wrong part. We have been trying to negotiate a deal to lower the 700 dollars down to 500 but in doing so, he snapped back saying he would not lower the price even that much. He ultimately ended up being very rude in throwing my mom's credit card back at her along with the bill AFTER WE EVEN PAID THE *** REDICULOUS 1,700 DOLLARS FOR A HALF FIXED CAR!!!!!!!
ID
#196414 Review #196414 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Albuquerque, New Mexico