Family And Spa Dentistry - Donna Vagnozzi Dentistry won't return money for Nitrous covered by Aetna

Update by user Mar 28, 2017

UPDATE; As of Mon.3/27/17 I got a conference call from Dr.Donna Vagnozzi-Bucci, and Aetna Dental Superviser, Aetna said they firmly believe that this was not done intentionally,which I agree with. They are working together to submit last 27 month's and appeal some other older claims,but Aetna will not guaranty they will pay any back bill's submitted and Dr.

Vagnozzi will not say now if she will settle any old claims for money owed that I already paid for.

I have agreed not to post on social media for 3-4 weeks to give her time to work on this. I will post any future updates and the final outcome.

Original review posted by user Mar 25, 2017
Michael LarkinMy family and I have been going to Donna Vagnozzi-Bucci Denistry and Spa since the 90's. We were always told nitrous is not covered by Aetna Ins. We had to pay cash at end of visit. Well, to make a long story short. I just found out that Aetna does cover it and they have since at least 2010. When I spoke to a superviser at Aetna, I was told the Dr, Vagnozzi can still get reimbursed for the past 27 months, which she agreed to submit. Her receptionist left me a message that the Dr. was not going to reimburse me for what she can't get from Aetna.She herself has never even called me. They said it is the patients responsibility to know what's covered by insurance.(my lawyer said it is there responsibility) I used to have $100.00 bills after my appointments. And this includes my wife and 2 kids for almost 20 years. So because they made a mistake does not mean you get to keep our money. If it was an accident, well now that you learned it is covered you need to make things right,you don't get to just keep our money. If anyone reading this is a patient of theres has Aetna Ins. and has been paying cash, you should call them right away. I feel that if Dr. Vagnozzi excepted my money for all those years and now finds out she made a mistake and say's I'm not giving any back to you, that is outright stealing. And if it's a few thousand for me and my family, think how much that would add up to from all her Aetna patients.This started 2 months ago, and this week I asked the office manager if she has contacted all her other Aetna patients, she said no. Obviously We will never go back to her. I have gotten an attorney and will keep you up to date on all proceedings. Don't let her keep your money. Contact me and join in my law suite.mjl71160@***.comDonna Vagnozzi

In response to our patient’s disappointing experience. We pride ourselves on going above and beyond to help our patients maximize their dental benefits.

In this particular case we received inaccurate information from the patient’s insurance company that resulted in loss of benefits for him. The patient brought it to our attention last month and we have taken the necessary steps to help him get reimbursed for the procedures. As, was explained to the patient by our doctor, office manager and the insurance representative there was no intent or wrong doing done by the office to cheat this patient out of money. According to Aetna's customer service manager the procedure in question, is not usually a covered procedure.

He said this patient's plan is one of the only plans in the thousands of plans that he’s seen in 20+ years he’s been with the company that actually covers it.

We believe insurance should take responsibility for providing inaccurate benefit information and are writing an appeal to them on our patient’s behalf. It is important to note that even though we process our patient’s insurance claims for them, it is ultimately their responsibility to know their insurance coverage.

View more comments (1)
Service
Family And Spa Dentistry Dental Service
Reason of review
Problems with payment
Is there an attorney here that can advise us if there is a class action lawsuit here. Does there need to be a dollar amount or a certain number of people wronged before a claim can be made. They need to have live customer service responding to people and returning our...

Worst company ever! DO NOT do business with this company! All of the reviews you have been reading are true.

View more comments
ID
#197854 Review #197854 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lawrenceville, New Jersey

Magicjack - Magic Jack double billed me for 5 year term.

The service is very poor. When the phone rings there is a delay before I heard someone.They would not accept my return because I did not have the original package. There is not a live person that answers the phone to discuss your problem. It takes me a long time to type and after going back and forth for 30 mins I was disconnected.I had to call back and start all over .Then that person could not help me and had to get there supervisor.The Sup. could not just read the transcript so we had to start all over. Then more of this same type of crap just keeps going on and on until they finally wear you down and give up. So they got me for the first $40.00 then like 75.00 for 5 years and then 30 days later billed me for another 5 years.Almost $200.00 i'm out and nothing to show for it. The owner should show his daughter ( in the commercial)the rite way to treat people by example.And return peoples money. Stay clear of this company. If Magic Jack wants to do the rite thing you can contact me at mjlescc@***.com Mike Larkin Trenton NJ

cry me a river

ID
#195877 Review #195877 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lawrenceville, New Jersey