Autotransportconnection Com - Bill Avrich is dishonest and a slimy scammer

Please BEWARE of Transport Connection and William "Bill" Avrich. Hands down the most inefficient, unprofessional business I have ever worked with and ordered services from. Although Transport Connection and Bill Avrich already has a poor rating all over this industry, I fully stand up to my decision for giving them 0 out of 5 stars. I made the mistake of ignoring all of these other very low ratings and negative reviews because I spoke to a sales agent there, and she seemed very nice, claimed she had been working there for 10-12 years and appeared very knowledgeable. She even claimed to give me a discount. I was shipping a car out of Arizona, and other shipping companies provided a long list of responsibilities to be completed prior to the cars shipping process. This information was not provided by the transporter, and I was told that the other lists provided by the other companies must be the requirements of those specific companies, but was not necessary here. I continued to move forward with my decision to go through Transport Connection. For the next few days, I had a few calls and emails with the sales agent since I still wanted to know what type of documentation and preparation was needed. After being told repeatedly that only the letter from the bank authorizing shipping was required, I was finally transferred over to a supervisor for further information. The supervisor then emailed the exact same list of requirements that all other companies had listed on their websites. This information was received after my many requests, not on their website and not even during my initial go-ahead for services, nor on the contract! Given the time that had passed before I received this information, there was no possible way to get everything done in only a few days time. They never provided any information regarding when the car would be leaving, or when I needed to deliver the car to get it on the next hauler since there would be a transfer in the middle of the route. I sent the company and sales agent that responded previously, follow up questions regarding the list they provided, and received no response for a week. Finally, I called and a seemingly nice guy answered, told me that the prior sales agent was on vacation and tried to help answer my questions. So, I ended up rescheduling the entire reservation, and no one thought it was necessary to provide the date of shipping, the date of drop-off, or the requirements for preparing for the cars transport. Finally, I came to an agreement with the sales agent in writing through email and legal binding, that if I was going to sell my car, I would be able to cancel the reservation without receiving a cancellation fee. I called the sales agent to cancel. She asked me to send her the previous email with the contract information, so I did. I was on hold for nearly 20 minutes during this time as she looked for who sent me the email, although I had already told her it was the sales agent at Transport Connection. When she got back on the phone, I asked her why I needed to know who had sent me the contract information and why it was difficult to figure out. She began to get very rude with me and couldnt even answer my question. I had to hang up on this woman because she was so rude and unbecoming. Right after hanging up, my card had been charged for shipping services for the vehicle. Currently, I am still trying to receive my refund from Transport Connection stay away but I am so bewildered that I had to vent through a review in hopes that others will AVOID this company at all costs! Any company that values their customers and reputation would never respond in that way to customer feedback, or charge a customer after one of their own agents made an agreement with a customer! Now, I cant hire another company for the job until I receive my refund for services that were never received in the first place.

Ignoring what half the internet said about Bill Avrich (the Boca Raton Florida repeat convicted felon who runs Transport Connection all by himself, so you got duped) was your first mistake, especially the multiple felony arrests and Florida State prison sentences William Avrich has served, and why he was arrested that many times. One quick Google search will easily prove all this before anyone starts crying, and it'll prove much more, if you're smart enough to really dig into Bill Avrich's background.

It's right there waiting for you to find it.

Just imagine the things that aren't on the internet. Good luck ever getting your money back.

ID
Boca Raton, Florida
Service
Autotransportconnection Com Customer Care
Cons
  • Steal
  • Are slimy
  • Are dishonest
Loss
Preferred solution
Apology

Number 1 Auto Transport - *** Broker - Stay FAR Away

This transport company isn’t a direct car carrier but a broker. I can start off by saying I looked into shipping companies a month prior to moving and found several companies who all gave similar price quotes on similar services, so I chose according to Consumer Affair reviews and what the BBB had on their website. I found this transporter based on their BBB rating and figured I'd give them a try even though I didn't like the idea that they outsourced their transporters. I’ve never experienced worse communication or information exchange with a business in my life. This stress was added on top of the anxiety I already had felt from moving across the country by myself. They also chose to heighten the cost of their services at the very end- leaving me well, screwed. Perhaps one of the only good things, was that the drivers were very pleasant and nice when they actually made it to the drop off/pick up although their communication wasn’t the greatest. Fortunately, in the end, they were also able to help me file a claim through their insurance agent for the damages that occurred to my vehicle while it was in their care. Thankfully. Here’s a little further insight detailing my experience… The auto transport brokers at Number 1 Auto Transport were very nice and sent several emails on what to expect up until my ship date got closer, then I heard nothing which immediately raised my concern. My ship date was a Monday and I had called them the week before since I still hadn't heard anything. They continued reassuring me that everything was fine and that they normally don't assign a transporter until 2-3 days before the ship date and that I didn't need to worry. Of course, I was going to worry since I was moving to another part of the country all by myself and needed a vehicle there. So the Friday before that Monday, I still didn't hear anything by late afternoon so I give them a call again before they close and ask them what's going on cause I'm hopping a flight in a few days and still heard nothing from them about my car being picked up. They said I was on the top of their priority list and they will find someone to arrive on Monday. They then called me back in less than an hour with a carrier who was $115 more than the price they initially quoted me. When I questioned that, they stated that it is because of the time of the year and because my move is in less than a few days. Feeling like I got screwed cause I didn't make any other arrangements, I didn't have a choice but to accept the higher price to get things started right away. Communication overall for the pickup and drop off was probably the worst I ever experienced. I was assured someone would call me 24-48 hrs prior to pick up to make the following arrangements with me. I called multiple times starting on Saturday to Monday. Finally, by Tuesday morning, I was able to speak with someone who told me they were going to pick up my car at noon that day. Although more notice would’ve been ideal, what was I to do? Pick up went along smoothly. They picked up on Tuesday, May 15 and delivered by Monday, May 22. I must admit the turnaround time was pretty quick. Drop off communication was awful, I was told I was supposed to get 24-48 hr notice for drop off, which would be nice so I could have made sure I was there instead of sending my other over to deal with it.
ID