Action Stump And Tree Removal - Could not complete job and still wanted payment!

Contracted to remove trees from back and side yard. $6,500.00 was the quoted price. Said it would take 2-3 days. Wanted $2,000.00 up front before work even started. Gave him $1,500.00 on a credit card. A week later they cherry picked the easiest trees to cut down and left around 25 of the largest trees. Said they could not finish the job and needed another $3,100.00 and someone else would have to finish. We explained without finished the job, you have breached your own contract and we refuse to pay someone $4,600.00 for a $6,500.00 job that is 90% in complete. Said he could finish the job a week later if we paid an additional $800.00 for a crane. Stored his saws and equipment in our garage and left a huge oil stain. We used another company one of his guys recommended for the remainder of the job and they did it for the remaining balance of the job. I left an honest review of the company on Google and 6 months later he is sending my wife threatening text messages. Anyone who would choose to speak to a woman in this manner has severe issues. This is my honest review of this company. Pictures of the oil stain and threatening text messages attached.

You owe him nothing. He failed to perform, you decline to pay.

Correct. You did pay someone else to complete the job so it's clear you weren't having buyers' remorse or trying to get something for nothing.

There is absolutely, positively no excuse for this person's insane irrational reaction to not being paid for service he did not perform. Even had you paid this creature the full amount up front the job would not have been completed.

ID
Dawsonville, Georgia
Service
Action Stump And Tree Removal Tree Removal
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Stop leaving threatening text messages to my wife and I.