Kelly Nissan Of Woburn - COMPLETELY UNSATISFIED

To whom it may concern: I am completely unsatisfied, frustrated, and disappointed at the level of service, incompetence, and complete lack of professionalism I have received from Nissan North America, Kelly Nissan (Woburn MA), and with engineer Peter Merkel in regards to my 2016 Nissan Titan XD. I originally received a letter about a recall on a seatbelt part last year, Spring 2017. When taking it to Kelly Nissan, I was informed that the dealer did not yet have the parts, that I would be called when the parts came in. This phone call never happened. I came back to get an initial oil change, around April 2018. At this time I was informed that the parts still had not come in, but to come back the following week. The next week, the parts were there. I dropped off my truck for an inspection, and the seatbelt recall. Upon picking up the truck, it had a rejected inspection sticker. I was told to drive for about 100 miles to reset the computer & to come back again. That day after leaving the dealership, I noticed a loud noise coming from the passenger side, near the glovebox. This sound was never there before. I took video of the noise. When reporting this to the dealer, they informed that this was a normal sound, all vehicles made this noise. I have never heard of a vehicle ever making this noise. I brought the truck back after a few days to get the new sticker & have someone check out the noise. Again the truck failed re-inspection because of the computer. Again I was told the new sound was normal. The dealer pushed for an engineer to check it out. It was at this time I took my truck to a local body shop to see if there was any way to fix the sound. The body shop told me there was definitely an issue, but this was a warranty issue and they had better not do anything otherwise it may void the warranty. The following week I took my truck again, and was told initially by the engineer, Peter Merkel, how this sound was normal. Then he took it for a test drive. Immediately he realized that this was not a normal sound. I left my truck with the dealer, and was told I could take a rental/loaner - at no cost while they investigated the noise and presumably would fix it. After leaving the truck with the dealer for over a week, I received a phone call from the dealer telling me to call the engineer right away, without telling me anything that was going on. After calling Mr. Merkel, he informed me that there was an issue with the truck, but would not give any details. I was told to bring back the truck in 2 months to another dealer, where they would fix it. That dealer would be in contact in the next several days to schedule an appointment. It was at this point he demanded that I drop off the rental and pickup my truck, even though the truck was not fixed yet. I contacted Nissan North America, only to be insulted by the rep who wouldn’t give any information other than to drop off the rental. She had no record of any of these issues. I was told again by Peter Merkel to just drop off the rental & pickup my truck. When I asked him for any documentation, he pushed that responsibility back to the dealer. When I asked the dealer, they pushed it to Nissan North America. When I asked Nissan North America again, they pushed to the engineer. I later found out that Mr Merkel was leaving on vacation. Obviously this was not an important enough issue for him to write any reports before leaving. When I went to go pickup my truck, I found not only was it still not inspected, but the inside dashboard and area that was being investigated was still not put together. At this moment while writing this, there is no documentation from the dealer, engineer, or Nissan in regards to any of these issues. They all keep pushing me to take this truck without inspection or any resolution for these issues. This is completely unacceptable. Do you expect a customer to drive around in a truck with an obvious manufacturing defect, and without inspection? Why am I responsible for Nissans mistakes? Why should I have to pay for the rental when this is clearly a warranty issue? Why is the next available date to get this fixed 2 months out? How am I supposed to drive a truck with a multitude of unresolved issues with my children? Can anyone answer any of these questions? Please Nissan, take responsibility for this defect. Fix the inspection, and the truck can be picked up. Schedule the appointment and fix this problem. Due to this experience, I have serious reservations for ever purchasing another Nissan. Vehicles sometimes have issues. Yes. Not a huge problem. The problem is what happens from the employees of the organization after that can make or break a relationship.
ID