Resolved: Town Square Energy - Stopped Billing for months just as they jacked up the rate.

Update by user Oct 13, 2018

Refund was issues for the amount overcharged over the period of time that the rate changed.

Update by user Oct 13, 2018

EDIT-Update: So after a few months i got a refund for the overcharges in the form of a check in the mail. I have to give them credit for reaching out to me after i posted bad reviews and sorting this out.

It seems like a it was all a billing system snafu and they did eventually correct it.

So i will take back any theories that they planned to do this, but still cant give them a great rating because this all happened in the first place and it should have been solved without me having to complain on public posts. In the future have your frontline staff offer to take the complaint and have it reviewed and promise follow up.

Update by user Jul 19, 2018

They have reached out to me and offered to set my rate back to what it was for the time period. But I will be waiting to I actually see a credit before changing my rating.

Original review posted by user Jun 19, 2018
So i had a 4 month agreement with them and after the 4 months were up they jacked up the price.. sounds fair. Till you don't get the bill with charges until 3 months later because for 3 months they stopped sending billing information to PECO and then hit me all at once with 3 months of charges that then ends up being 4 months of 2x the original rate by the time cutting over kicks in. Called to complain and they offered me a 20$ amazon gift card after they stole over 200$ with inflated rates. I get getting hit with 1 or 2 billing cycles after the rate gets jacked up. But what they did was actively hid this issue for as long as they could so they could take as much money as possible out of you.
Resolved
ID
Service
Town Square Energy Customer Care
Pros
  • You can drop them
Cons
  • Sneaky sobs that pull tricks
Reason of review