Empire Today's reply to:

Empire Today - Empire Carpet never honors it's appointments. BAd customer service, doesnt care.

Maxine, I understand you have been in contact with the head of our Marketing and Communications Team and that she has addressed your situation with customer service and the market. I would like to apologize again that we were not able to meet your expectations in scheduling an in-home appointment. Since we do not have any retail stores, we take the scheduling of our appointments very seriously. It is the only way we are able to show customers our products and help them to learn more about shopping and purchasing with us. If you have any more questions or concerns before this time, please feel free to contact Marlo or you can email Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager at customersupport@empiretoday.com or via phone at 888-588-2315 x4195.
ID
#206416 Review #206416 is a subjective opinion of poster.

I have scheduled appointments with Empire Carpets that are then canceled on the day of, the excuse being that there is no representative in the area.

"Why make the appointment in the first place?" i asked them?

"Because we never know whether there will be reps in the area until the morning of the appointment."

"Meantime I have taken half a day off work. Is this really how you do business?"

"I'm sorry, but there are no reps in the area, we will have to reschedule."

And so on.

I don't know how a business that doesn't honor its appointments or respect its customers is able to still be in business. It is disgusting behavior.

If anyone can shed light on this matter i would be immensely grateful.

Ipage web host scam. Why you want to do your research before choosing a web host

If you are building a website for the first time, then it's likely that you are unaware of everything your website will actually require to be worth anything. I don't know about other web hosts, so I'm not going to pretend otherwise, but I selected ipage to host my...

Image scammed me too. I purchased their web hosting, having issue installing WordPress, contacted them for help 3 days about the issue.

I even copied and pasted the content, they emailed me back on rubbish things not related to my question. It has been 3 days already and the ideas haven't yet been solve.Then there's a whole of call and emails from Image third party website builder advising me, they will make beautiful website for me.One day about 10calls and emails from them.Be careful if you used Image, they are a big scanner. Have never experience this with other hosting like hostgater.requirements check failed with HTTP code 301!!!!I have emailed them for 3 days about that, no responding to my issues. 24 hours support?

Bull shit.I request my refund through PayPal and they no respond!

I won't let them get away with it.I hope before anyone choose ipage for hosting, they read all the true post here.Once again, they are a scam. Don't risk to loose your money!Image user

View more comments
ID
#201225 Review #201225 is a subjective opinion of poster.
New York, New York

How to protect yourself from Sprint's Insurance scam

When you upgrade your phone with Sprint, do not accept $20 in exchange for your old phone­. This is a ploy so that you have to buy insurance, which actually gives you very little for your money. Insurance is not a bad thing if it actually covers you, but with Sprint's...

All of you are wrong. Insureance does save money.

Just like for car insurance, If you get in a wreck you pay a deductible to get the car fixed or apprasied. So all your doing by sitting here stating thatbyou have to pay a deductible for insurance is showing just how moronic you are.

I have read almost 100 reviews of customers who like to blame everyone but themseleves.

View more comments
ID
#195582 Review #195582 is a subjective opinion of poster.

How to protect yourself from Sprint’s Insurance scam

When you upgrade your phone with Sprint, do not accept $20 in exchange for your old phone­. This is a ploy so that you have to buy insurance, which actually gives you very little for your money.Insurance is not a bad thing if it actually covers you, but with Sprint's insurance, for $7 per month, if you lose your phone or it breaks and you need a new one, you'll still have to purchase the replacement phone the full price, sometimes $300 or more per phone. The only thing the insurance affords you is a $50 deductible off that price. Not only that, but the "˜new' phone will not even be new, but a refurbished old phone, probably broken by some previous Sprint customer sucker. However if you've kept your old phone, you can simply get them to reactivate that. It means you need no insurance and you need never buy a new phone until you become eligible for your next upgrade, whereupon you will be sold a brand new phone at a substantially reduced price. Perhaps, if, after several years, you find that you have accumulated phones, then why not give Sprint your oldest, carppiest phone for the $20 and teach them a lesson about being suckered. Whatever you do though, always keep the most recent phone from which you have just upgraded. The tracker ball on my husband's Blackberry stopped working, Sprint refused to fix it, made him buy a new phone and then gave him $20 off in exchange for his "˜unfixable' old phone. Suckered!!! Maxine Ryder

knowing that my phone would get a lot of use I purchased the insurance. For a year the phone was ok.

Then the display would sometimes go out. Finally the display died, but I could still recieve calls. So I took it to the Sprint service center in King of Prussia Pa to get replaced. The tech opened it and said water was in it and there's nothing they can do I would need to pay $100 to get it replaced.

I tried to explain that water didn't get in it, the metals on the inside were not rusted, the water marker wasn't red, there wasn't any evidence that water was in it. yet this tech that did nothing more that look at the phone (she didn't even test it) has deemed the phone as unrepairable. What a waste of money and time. I just reactivated a old phone.

By the way. AFTER the tech touched the - it now doesn't even power up let alone receive calls.

I have to agree with J richards, sprint is awesome, and has always taken care of me. The deductible is 50 dollars :)

Sprint does not require you to purchase a new phone when you have insurance, and the deductible is not a "50.00 Discount" off the full price of the phone as you say. It covers the full cost of your replacement phone, less your deductible. Also, regarding refurbished phones...your phone was likely used at the time of loss, so what makes you think you should receive a new one?

View more comments (2)
ID
#194034 Review #194034 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Fremont, California

AKAM Associates allowed me to be conned by their employee, then refused to take action

My husband and I are about to move into our new apartment at 505 Greenwich St in Manhattan. On our first day there, we met Ozzie who introduced himself as the handyman of the building and offered to paint our entire apartment just $3000. He said he's been building houses his entire life and we were lucky to meet him, because had we met the super, he would charge us more for inferior workmanship. We hadn't met any of the other building employees, but we trusted Ozzie based on the fact that he is an employee of the building and of course AKAM wouldn't allow dishonest individuals to have free access to people's homes, right? After hiring Ozzie, we returned to San Francisco, telling him that he had two months to complete the job before our return. He asked for an initial payment of $1000, which was mailed right away to his home address. Two months later we went to New York to check the status of the apartment and found that the work was not completed. Worse still, what had been done was appalling workmanship, mainly involving a gigantic roller that left an orange peel effect all over the walls. Furthermore, paint was spilled all over the carpet and curtains, and gaps appeared in places where Ozzie had simply not bothered to paint at all. That's when we realized we had been duped. The super recommended an excellent painter who completed the job in one week for $7000. Ozzie's work was so bad that the new painter had to undo everything and start afresh. Shortly after that I emailed Ozzie to try to get her $1000 back, but of course, I haven't heard from him. So with $1000 down the tube, a baby on the way and a *** artist working in our building, I turned to my building managers, AKAM Associates for help. But AKAM dismissed us, saying that there was nothing they could do, and that it was our fault for hiring Ozzie. We pleaded with AKAM, trying to get someone to understand that the reason we chose to trust Ozzie was because he was an employee of the building. Had he come off the street, we would have done our research, but as an employee of a building of this caliber, we expected that he was trustworthy. This too fell on deaf ears. To quote AKAM: We were not involved in hiring Ozzie as this was done prior to our management of the property. I have never experienced an issue such as this with Oliver or any other staff member. The reason why I state that I cannot get involved is because when a unit owner contracts an employee to do work outside of what the building is responsible for it becomes an agreement between the unit owner and that person, and at that point he is working for you directly and therefore that is why we cannot get involved. I pleaded again, saying did it not matter to AKAM that one of their employees had been found to be fraudulent, scamming a new resident out of money? My husband and I are two weeks away from moving into our new home. I am heavily pregnant and don't feel safe, knowing that this deceitful individual not only knows where we live, and will have to see us in the building every day, but will possibly also have access to our keys. Additionally we have no idea how much of our complaining has reached this man's ears, and who knows how a person will react when they discover that you may be a threat to their job? Ozzie conned us, and the building managers are siding with him, which hurts almost more than the deception itself. My husband and I paid good money for our home, and we have a basic right to feel safe and comfortable in our home.
#492046

Only an *** (or maybe someone just off the turnip truck from California) would hire someone in this way. *** people deserve to be treated this way.

Hopefully you learned a hard lesson for only $1,000. It is NOT AKAM's job to help you and they are powerless to do anything about it especialy since they did not manage the coop at the time.

Call the police and file a complaint with Consumer Affairs. Dummy.

This is what Akam did for me.

Akam Associates went above and beyond to solve a problem that wasn't even theirs to solve.

One of the employees of our building conned us by offering to do a paint job that he was unqualified to do and that he never completed, but because he is a union employee and conned us outside of his union working hours, there was effectively nothing anyone could do to discipline this man or to convince him to return our money.

Akam Associates went above and beyond to help me win my fight against a *** artist employed by my condo.

I pleaded with my condo board to help me to find a resolution, but this fell on horribly deaf ears. I pleaded with Akam, who are the mangers of our building, stressing how depressed I was to have to move into our new home and see my *** artist every single day. Well Akam heard me. They showed themselves to be compassionate and understanding. Although there was little they could do (they had no power to fire the *** artist or to force him to return the money, as he was protected by his union), they nonetheless joined me in my plight. Akam kindly positioned themselves as a go between and successfully helped me to negotiate a return of the money from the *** artist.

If Akam manages your building, then you can consider yourself to be one of the more fortunate residents of New York City.

To all at Akam I would like to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH for handling this situation with skill, sensitivity and professionalism.

To the rest of the world, I say: Always choose Akam Associates to manage your condo, you will lead a very satisfied life.

Annabelle74

@Annabelle74

It is very possible that the only nice intelligent person at Akam helped you.Just like the one percent.99 percent of the managers and other employees and executives are completely cluless,and ignorant of how horrible Akam Associates is as a company

completely and utterly very third rate and should be exterminated like cockaroaches.

View more comments (2)
ID
#193221 Review #193221 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss