New Reviewer

Boars Head Restaurant - Food poisioning

i was poisoned at the boars head restaurant on panama city beach by char broiled/grilled grouper.looked good-tasted great.3:30 am wake-up call.very sick.suspect kerina brevis/red tide in the fish.cipiro antibiotic to the rescue.body and head fever and labored breathing. could hace killed an elderly person or small child.called the restaurant and was debated at length as to my diet that day,never offered any compensation/such as a steak or t-shirt.dont eat any seafood in panama city or from the gulf as it is undetectable apparently. bring your own cipiro.
View full review
1 comment
#76735

This is one of the typical complaints that most restuarants get. I am not saying that this person did not get food poisoning from this place but most people do not understand how you get food poisoning.

Most people get a stomach bug from food they eat at home. Restuarants are inspected and most franchises inspect their own stores and ususally have standards higher then the state department of health. In order for you to show this store that you got food poisoning from them, you will have to have a doctor's note and test results that prove you got sick from this store.

Another bad thing about this is that if it came from the store then the store received it from their supplier tainted. The store would be held legally liable and would get sued for something they have no way of knowing.

ID
#121758 Review #121758 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Location
Panama City, Florida
Loss
$20