Aspen Dental is Positioned to Collapse - Finally!

This New Year brought news that Allcare Dental had collapsed- leaving thousands of patients without dental care and without their money. This company-wide collapse prompted the intervention of numerous State Attorney General's Offices to assist patients in recovering some of the money they had paid to Allcare Dental; money paid to Allcare without any dental services even having been rendered to them as patients. Allcare Dental had operated its clinics just like Aspen Dental, with patients being pressured by aggressive Office Managers into assuming large financial debts before any dental treatment had even been provided. Aspen Dental, like Allcare, was NOT designed to be a "dental" operation - it is a pure "profiteering / racketeering" venture controlled from its corporate headquarters in Syracuse, New York. It has been uniquely designed to defraud patients of their money through deceptive business practices and high pressure sales techniques without any concern for the patients' dental health care. Dr. Matthew Messina, consumer adviser for the American Dental Association, encouraged patients to file complaints with their state attorney general and contact their state dental boards. The attorney general in Pennsylvania did the same, and representatives from the New Hampshire attorney general's office were at the Allcare office helping patients and urging them to file complaints with the state. For most of these patients, any hope of recovering their money already paid to Allcare is virtually hopeless. Patients should act now before Aspen Dental collapses if they expect to recover the money they have paid to Aspen. Follow the recommendations of the American Dental Association and then demand that Aspen refund your money for any dental treatment not yet received. It's time to prepare for the collapse of Aspen Dental now before they shut down and run like Allcare.

I 1st went to ASPEN DENTAL in Jan 2017, they are an absolute nitemare. I was lead to believe that the most expensive set of dentures ($3,000) were made far better than the cheaper versions that I was shown.

That was 1 of many compliments I have against this company. I live 48 miles One Way (96 mile round trip) and they assured me they would have my dentures done within a month! I have had 17 appointments, they’re now on a their 3rd set of dentures they’re trying to get to fit and if this isn’t bad enough ~ last month my friend and I went in to get my impressions made and this was the 1st time of EVER meeting this dentist Dr Alfred Williams (temporally working in Chillicothe Ohio b/c lack of staff) ~ and as he was pushing the impression up against the roof of my mouth I started gagging. He turned to 2 of his techs and said something then they all started laughing.

I didn’t hear what was said but when I got out of the car I ask my friend what they said when they were laughing and she said, “OMG! I thought you heard him he said that you sure can be a *** star the way you gagged! I was beyond furious and deeply hurt and insulted by a professional (Or so he calls himself a professional) even thinking something like that much less speaking it out loud. So I have another appointment to go to , to see if the dentures that they remade would fit and when I went in and sat down I put my phone on record and told him that I thought he owed me an apology and he started in right away begging me to forgive him for saying that I couldn’t be a *** star, he said he was just trying to break the ice and get to know me .

He told me that he talks to most of his patients that way and most like it’s just funny but I am a Christian woman and I do not find ANYTHING even slightly funny or amusing about a comment like that . I have made numerous calls to Aspen dental to get my entire refund back including the interest that I have paid and I have the recording of Dr. Williams begging for forgiveness and promising me that he will never speak to another patient the way he spoke to me that this man is seven years old and I can guarantee you that I am not the first person that he ever made that remark too. I am unable to where my dentures for any extended period of time at all because they rub against my Gammes and lead canker source .

I fully believe that I should be refunded and every dime plus interest that I had paid plus the dentures that they have down there waiting on me but I cannot allow myself to let that Dr. get near me after what he said to me, what are they going to do with those dentures just throw them away after all the trips and I had paid down there since January 2017? I also believe that the doctor should be turned in to a dental board and that I should be compensated for the humiliation bed he put me through . That statement scared me so bad that I refused to even go back and pick up my dentures that he had made .

My name is Rita Cartwright-Pitzer 8-25-60 I get to the Chillicothe office in Chillicothe Ohio and I have never in my life seen such poor quality work and in the office go through is many employees as this office has went through since I started going there. First I noticed several techs leaving, then my dentists left and they had to reschedule another appointment and they had another good just coming in but before I could get to my appointment that Dentist had quit also. The finance Mgr has quit... it’s a ghost town of what it used to be and the newer employees are rude and very unprofessional !

Please feel free to call me at 937 -205-**** but if you do call please leave a message because I have a roach killer on my phone and it blocks a lot of numbers and I have no idea who they are and I don’t callback numbers that I don’t know . I look forward to hearing from you!

Dr Bleckstein is either a dentist that was fired from Aspen or, more likely, a mom and pop dentist that can't compete. No dentist starts expensive work without a down payment.

READ COMMENTS FROM CUSTOMERS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS ARTICLE. JOLENE SENT ME THIS. NANCY

Why this bill applies only to dentists ?why not medical doctors ,optometrists chiropractors and nurses etc etc

View more comments (3)
Aspen Dental Dental Services
NY attorney general scrutinizes CareCredit practices...and, Aspen Dental. Beginning last August 13, 2010 Six dental practices were among 10 healthcare providers being investigated by New York Attorney General (AG) Andrew Cuomo for alleged predatory lending practices...

i was charged my entire budget that was allocated for me and my sons dental checkups and cleaning by allcare in indiana. i was told that i had 3 cavities in need of repair .

a dentist told me 2 days later that i simply had no cavities in need of repair. for 400.00 they were going to pull a tooth for me that didnt need extracted either.

it had a rough spot on it. my local dentist sanded it smooth..

View more comments
Washington, District Of Columbia

HOW to STOP ASPEN DENTAL ... FOR GOOD!

IMMEDIATE RELIEF FOR YOUR "ASPEN" PROBLEM - Follow these easy steps: To seek quick and effective relief including financial compensation for your complaint against Aspen Dental read the following - There are two fundamental components inherent to Aspen's misconduct which patients have been reporting to us regarding the upcoming class action case (posted to this site on August 02, 2010); you must decide under which category you fall and take the following action to initiate an immediate (and free)remedy to your problem: (1) DENTAL MALPRACTICE in which you were physically injured – This complaint is limited to the practice of a health care profession by a professionally licensed individual; any complaints regarding injury should be reported to the STATE DENTAL BOARD who will investigate your complaint and provide you with direction. I would suggest that you collect a copy of your dental x-rays taken by Aspen, including dentist names & treatment notes, and contact your STATE DENTAL BOARD to file a formal complaint against the dentist or all of the Aspen dentists involved in your case. In your complaint, you should request that these dentists be held financially accountable for the damage they have caused to you and cover the future costs of restoring your mouth to health and function by another dentist not associated with Aspen. In your communication to the Board, your complaint against these dentists should include the words: dental malpractice and dental incompetence. (2) CONSUMER FRAUD which is a "criminal" business activity designed to defraud unsuspecting customers of the Aspen Dental franchise operation. An incredible majority of patients have reported that they were victims of fraudulent billing practices conducted by Aspen personnel - all of their complaints have involved Aspen's use of financial contracts in which Aspen signed the patients up for an "outside" line of credit and then collected the entire proposed treatment fee in advance of the treatment provided. Your local DISTRICT ATTORNEYS OFFICE can and will take action against Aspen Dental on your "Business" complaint of "Consumer Fraud" if it is suspected that Aspen has engaged in any criminal misconduct with regard to your complaint – so, collect all of your documents if you believe that you have been financially victimized by Aspen and make an appointment with your local DISTRICT ATTORNEY to present your complaint. When Aspen is found to be criminally negligent, the DA's office will inform you of your rights and, as a tax payer, this will not cost you anything. The misuse of your credit through Aspen's credit partner - "CareCredit" - is currently being investigated by the New York State Attorneys General Office for possible fraud, including possible charges of unethical / criminal business practices. If you believe that you were forced / misled (without full disclosure concerning what you were agreeing to) into signing a credit agreement by Aspen Dental staff, then you need to collect all of your financial paperwork from Aspen and present this information to your local District Attorney's Office with your demand for a criminal investigation into Aspen's financing schemes. Don't be surprised that within weeks of contacting the DA's office that Aspen will try to contact you with an offer to "credit your account" with the hope that you will drop the criminal investigation - don't settle for anything less than what you deserve. We strongly recommend that you locate and collect all of your original documents associated with your activities with Aspen and only provide copies to the agencies that will be reviewing your complaint.
#206841

I am very impressed with this lawsuit. I definetly agree and can see every aspect. Thanks for finally speaking up.

ID
#204345 Review #204345 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning

Aspen Dental - Aspen Gift Card Scam - BEWARE !

Aspen Gift Card Scam - BEWARE ! Aspen Dental has reached another new low of unethical misconduct in a self-serving attempt to take away your legal rights. Aspen is now sending $25 Gift Cards / debit cards to their patients who have submitted complaints to the Better Business Bureau or other regulatory agencies which protect consumer & patient rights. Dissatisfied patients may receive these $25.00 gift (debit) cards attached to a carefully worded form letter sent from the Aspen "Patient Satisfaction Supervisor." If you read the letter carefully, you will quickly realize that Aspen has crafted a letter intended to release Aspen from any liability associated with your complaint. WARNING: By virtue of accepting the gift card, you are agreeing (by implied consent) with the false assertions made in Aspen's letter and are providing Aspen Dental with a legal loophole to escape from your legitimate complaints against them. Essentially, you are affirming that "all is forgiven" against Aspen on your part; thereby, preventing you from pursuing any claims of malpractice or consumer fraud which you may rightfully have against Aspen. This is the ultimate scam devised by Aspen to take away your legal rights of protection under the law. Please remember, any act that causes a patient to be dissatisfied with his/her health care professional cannot be ethically or responsibly resolved with a ...Gift Card. Notice: A class action case is in the process of forming against Aspen Dental. Contact us at Dr.Bleckstein@***.com to see if you qualify for inclusion; or whether other options are available to assist you with your complaint.
#197640

I have received this gift card and refuse to be bought by Aspen. We can do more to change their unethical business practices together!!!

Let's continue pursuing this!

Sincerely, TJ

#197639

Let's continue pursuing this!

Sincerely, TJ

View more comments (1)
ID
#201255 Review #201255 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Overwhelming Response to Class Action Lawsuit Against Aspen Dental

Within the first 3 days of posting the notice alerting consumers about the formation of a class action lawsuit against Aspen Dental, there has been an overwhelming response from angry patients wishing to participate in this action. To answer the question posed by many frustrated patients – YES, Aspen has designed its patient service department to effectively diffuse your isolated complaints; this is why you will never successfully receive any justice from Aspen Dental when presented as an individual complaint. But, Aspen cannot evade and will be held accountable to the thousands of angry patients who are collectively unified under this large and comprehensive Class Action Lawsuit. With the high volume of feedback and interest in participating in this Class Action Lawsuit, we are requesting that in your email you identify your complaint as being in one of the three following categories: 1.DENTAL MALPRACTICE – In which you have been physically injured by their dental "care." 2.CONSUMER FRAUD – Includes cases in which office personnel of Aspen Dental used high pressure sales tactics designed to take your money with false promises of providing competent dental health care. 3.Combination of Malpractice and Consumer Fraud. To respond to one of the most frequently asked questions: Yes, you can remain anonymous! When you email the description of your complaint for inclusion in this action, simply request that we assign you a confidential identity. As a new patient, a reasonable person would not expect Aspen Dental to take unfair advantage of a dental problem – after all, they are considered to be a healthcare facility; however, when you sit down with the Office Manager to discuss your dental treatment plan it becomes clear that your money, not your health, is Aspen's primary objective. The job of the Aspen office manager is to force you into accepting the most costly and extensive dental work possible. This is termed "conversion" and is against the law. To respond to another frequently asked question - Yes, Aspen Dental rewards its employees with financial bonus incentives for exceeding monthly production goals. This bonus system is based upon Aspen's internal use of "metrics" which pressures each office to compete against other Aspen offices. Unfortunately, since Aspen's Management Team is composed of individuals whose background is in "consumer retail" – not in healthcare - they operate the dental care facility as a retail business in which you are not viewed as a patient - instead, you are simply a paying customer. Aspen Dental's motto is: "To create a happy, paying patient." But, unfortunately once you pay, you quickly discover that you are not happy. This Class Action Lawsuit will effectively make Aspen Dental accountable for their acts through the unified and coherent voice of thousands of patients who have been wrongfully injured by Aspen Dental. This Class Action Lawsuit will channel thousands of patient complaints into a collectively powerful force which will finally stop Aspen. Your participation in this Class Action Lawsuit will not cost you any money - the legal services are free to you. And, you may be entitled to receive money as compensation for your loss and suffering. To participate, please direct your questions and interest to Ted Bleckstein, DDS, MS at: Dr.Bleckstein@***.com

ted bleckstein, dds scam artist on this site. People look at this man's comments.

So many people tried to reach out to "him". Ted are you working for Aspen Dental? Are you in some way trying to exploit those who have been injured by the monster called Aspen Dental? Why Ted Why are you doing this?

People stop feeding in to his fake posts.

He is a sham...... ted bleckstein, dds leave us alone.

I have experienced the same treatment as most of the complaints ive read. I was charged $5000 for 2 partials that I can not wear.

I was lied to and double talked about my needs and costs. I also ask them to file my insurance and they said mine would not pay. I discovered that they received payments fron Aetna and failed to credit me until I confronted them.

I have some good records for a law suit if their is a class action. M.Taylor 5225 ninitz rd Milton fl 32583 8**-**6-5223

Aspen should pay!! Horrible company that misleads and preys on the disadvantaged!

Place me on the class action suit against aspen dental. Minshew53@***.com mary minshew 205 e valley st. Endicott ny 13760

#1531995

Dr.Bleckstein@***.com...I am very unhappy with ASPEN Den. I find myself locked in a contract that requires me to continue receiving sub-standard dental care painy large amts of money.

we r in Killeen Texas.Why didn't we read the reviews BEFORE we went to Aspen Dental.So sorry we went their. Its all about money.

My wife signs a paperunknowing to me and they have us on a loan before she even has the molds made. Two monthe later they present her with the worst horse teeth that you can imagine. Suposed to be Comfilytes the best.They did not fit her mouth at all and the plate was about 1/2 inch thick. She is waiting on another appointment for a new mold.Meanwhile Comenty Capital bank is billing us for a 60 month ,very high interest loan.

Supose to be an 18 month no interest loan.I'm not paying anything until she gets a good Denture.

We are in our 70's and they saw us coming as the saying goes. This experience may not have a happy ending I'm afraid.Dennis cadran

they sold my wife 3 different partial plates.all were painful and did not fit.bleeding gums and sweeling infection resulted.serious medical complications resulted. the lynd family ohio phone 740-927-****

post any stories or complaints to

get your story out there.. contact your states Dental board.. contact attorney general ..

I want to join the law suit. I was also screwed by aspen.

Teeth don't fit so they want to make me new bottoms for a charge of &1000.00 if they could not fix the ones I hey made the first time , what makes them then to make a whole new ones for the bottom. All they had to to is try to add to the ones I have. They can come up with all kinds of answers, which is all bull, they just want more money from me.

I told them no. My name is nada from west Mifflin penna.

They removed all my teeth except for 7. No other dentist ever said my teeth were bad.so tell me why they would be right and everyone else wrong

View more comments (36)
ID
#192173 Review #192173 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Aspen Dental Customer Care
If you have been a patient of Aspen Dental and you believe that you have received unacceptable dental care resulting in: - Physical injury associated with the dental care provided - Unnecessary, excessive or questionable dental treatment - Poorly fitting or...
#2119324

no contact information

View more comments
ID
#191707 Review #191707 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product