Vector Marketing Company - College Campuses Warn Against Vector

This was one of my first interviews and I was so excited. My ex worked at the admissions office at our local community college and mentioned it to one of the heads of the career center after they asked me for a second interview. Apparently they have been officially banned from many college campuses due to their practices. They promise students a good salary/ sales compensation and an opportunity to travel. The catch is if you don't make your sales--you don't get a trip home. But they don't tell you that part. That was about 10 years ago and I work for the same campus--and they still don't let these guys on campus to advertise.

pyramid scam period. No need to waste your precious time

I just graduated and at the time was

looking for a job. Turned out on SnagaJob

Vector had an opening for specifically

young teens looking for good experience.

I applied of course and soon enough got a call for an interview which at the time I was excited.

I was told and sent even a confirmation

e-mail of the date & time as well as guidelines. Dress professionally arrive

15 minutes early and be prepared.

Turned out to be group interview of three

which two lasted the next interview minutes

later. I moved on to the next interview which is how you came to find out what the whole thing was about.

You would seel these expensive CutCo knives

that are supposedly the best most likely but you would make appointments with people you knew and visit them to give a presentation of each item in stock. Also it was 'word of mouth' you pick people you know and do appointments at their houses. That was your job.

The commute for me was bad enough but having to travel & different times everyday. they should have warned me or something so I left after the third day of training. :(

Trust me people find a job that is best reliable and known.

#320565

I worked for Vector right after graduating high school and made $900 in 3 weeks. Very good money for an 18 year old.

It got old really quick. The managers are always hounding you about making appointments, even after you tell them you just want part time.

They also try to get you to come in all the time to make phone calls and set up appts. So if you know what you're doing and don't get suckered into everything the managers try to get you to do its not a terrible job.

Hi there – I just wanted to respond and clear up some misconceptions about Vector Marketing. The fact is that Vector recruits on more than 100 college campuses in California, including numerous community colleges.

As independent contractors (which is explained several times in the interview and training) our representatives are free to make sales appointments wherever they choose. The company does not transport representatives to sell anywhere. While there is opportunity for travel – it’s to attend leadership conferences and incentive trips. No selling is done at either of these events and attendees are responsible for getting themselves to and from the conference.

We’d welcome the opportunity to speak with you and give you more information about Vector. After you’ve had a chance to visit www.vectormarketing.com please contact us either at vectorpr@***.com or 302-372-****.

Looking forward to speaking with you shortly and answering your questions. We are a proud member of the BBB and the Direct Selling Association.

View more comments (3)
ID
Chico, California

Bankers Life And Casualty Company - Bankers Life & Insurance Keeps Calling

So, about seven years ago I uploaded my resume to a website and began getting (several per week) calls from these guys. I looked up what I could about them online back then, but I was still suspicious and never called them back. I have recently been given warning that...

I actually worked at this company...it's fast-paced and crazy-busy. Some of the leaders practice unethical behavior with customers...that is why I no longer work with them.

If you like hard work, long hours and "sometimes" good pay, go for it. 8)

View more comments