Verified Reviewer

Menards - Bad experience with rude lazy employees

I visited the Menards in Grand Forks, ND today. It all started when I was ordering all the lumber I needed, including 1/2x2x8 treated plywood, 2x4 treated boards and 2x2 treated boards. The guy wouldnt even look at a paper that had everything written down and assumed I wanted 1/2x4x8 treated plywood, which I did not. Then the lazy employees in the yard did not want to give any help when asked to. They should have been fired on the spot. I may never return to the Grand Forks store in the future. Bemidji will be the one.

User's recommendation: Look for a different Menards even if you have to travel to another.

#2067235

Why would you go to another Menards? They all seem to be getting worse and worse.

In the past Menards had the best price but I've often found lower prices at Home Depot or Lowes lately and Menards no longer matches prices at the stores in my area. If you like the 11% rebate you will find that Home Depot also has an 11% rebate available on most in stock items if their store is near a Menards store.

ID
Pros
  • I like shopping at menards
  • Generally favorable shopping
Preferred solution