Verified Reviewer

Viasat - A Warning for Others

Update by user Sep 19, 2021

After finally reaching a human at the Viasat customer service telephone number, I discontinued my Viasat service by paying an early disconnect fee of $200 which was cheaper than my continuing to pay $149 per month for the remaining months on the Viasat Platinum Service contract. Yet, Viasat continued to charge my credit card $149 per month. I finally cancelled that particular credit card to prevent future Viasat charges.

Original review updated by user Sep 19, 2021
Let my review be a warning to people living in rural areas that have few options for an internet service provider. Viasat was the absolute worst mistake I've ever made when selecting a company to provide home internet service. The download speeds were so slow that reading simple emails with no graphics was next to impossible. Viasat charged me $149 per month for their high-speed plan. Consider my review a Public Service Announcement for others. I want no money from Viasat.

User's recommendation: Stay away. Customer service is not responsive. Speeds are deplorable.

ID
Service
Viasat Internet Service
Cons
  • Super slow speeds
  • Extremely expensive
  • Zero return on investment