Thomas Dental Center - Another Dental Office Scam

I am using my dental insurance for the first time. I made an appointment for a Pretreatment Estimate Evaluation. This office's routine is to clean your teeth prior to seeing the Dr. stating there is "No Charge". Hygenist and Dr very nice. Receptionist and accounting double talk the pricing estimate. Can not understand. Again when asked if there is a charge for THIS day they say "No Charge" I speaking with my insurance I find they were not to do any work until Estimate was submitted and approved. Called to insist they submit this to my insurance. Another round of double-talk. When I said I felt I had been SCAMMED she said "There was no charge to ME" only to the insurance.

My family and myself are patients of Dr. Thomas and I must say that I too used to feel weird about copayments and how insurance works.

It wasn't until I went to this office did I get a clear understanding of how it all works.

I'm sure your experience was just lack of good communictaion, but i'm positive they would have clear up any confusion. Seems like you have bad luck with dental offices...Good Luck on your journey to find a dentist.

so because you don't understand insurance you claim you've been scamed? How ignorant of you.

This office has always been great at helping me to understand what will be done, and at what cost.

Sorry you had a bad experience, it will truly be your lost! Maybe you should try asking for help understanding things you have no knowledge of, because clearly it's you..not the office.

SORRY U HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE! I HAVE BEEN TO THIS OFFICE AND TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOUR COMMENTS!! I THINK YOU ARE WRONG FOR SAYING YOU WERE SCAMMED JUST BECAUSE YOU DIDNT UNDERSTAND HOW THE PROCESS WORKS!!!

View more comments (2)
ID
Statesboro, Georgia

Affordable Dentures - Dentist rude and clumsy.

I made a mistake going to Affordable Dentures in Pooler, GA to get replacement upper plate. I have worn dentures for 30 years so not a new experience. I found at this center they do not like it when you tell them you are not happy with the placement of the teeth in the wax when they don't line up. The dentist wanted to extract my lower teeth to make the replacement upper fit better, I said "No, they are fine" Then he actually (intentionally?) pinched my lip (while marking the wax impression to make changes) so hard he drew blood and was offended when I told him he was pinching my lip! Told his techs "Refund her money and get her out of here". Don't go here!
ID