Restoration Hardware? More like Desperation

Back in late March 2008 we had placed an order for a headboard and two dressers from your Restoration Hardware dba as Brocade. While we were informed that part of the furniture was back ordered, it would take 4-6 weeks for our delivery which we felt that was still reasonable. In mid June, after still not hearing on the status of our order and due to our increasing frustration, I reached out to their corporate offices After multiple discussions, we were finally informed that our bedroom furniture was to be delivered on SEPTEMBER 3RD!!. Imagine our elation after waiting approximately 5 months for our order, and we arranged to have (at our expense) our bedroom furniture removed and donated the night before. Their delivery carrier, Excel informed me that delivery would be between 3:30PM and 7:30PM I called that morning and was told that delivery would be between 5:30 and 6 PM. At 9:20 they finally arrived (who delivers furniture at 9:20 in the evening???) and they cracked the headboard while attempting to bring it in so needless to say we refused it. The irony of all of this is when I called the following Monday to see when I can get a replacement I was told "sorry that product's discontinued". That entire order left us so drained we swore to avoid "Desperation Hardware" for the rest of our lives. Flash forward to June 2010 and with a new home we had someone graciously give us a Restoration Hardware gift certificate. Cautiously, I finally broke down and decided to order something on line. When I realized that you actually can't pay with a gift certificate on line you can call the number on the gift certificate to place an order. So, I call up, certificate in hand all ready to place my order and they tell me that I have to actually pay for my order with a credit card, mail them my gift certificate and wait to get re-imbursed. Seriously? Are you kidding me? I am so completely floored that it made me start thinking about everything I despise about this company that I had to finally get it off my chest. Do yourself a favor and avoid "Desperation Hardware" like it had the plauge.

I ordered an upholstered headboard that took almost 3 months to arrive. The "white glove" delivery guys scratched my walnut floors & improperly installed the headboard so it looks like it is falling over. I called the company who ordered someone to come out & fix it, who proceeded to stand me up 2xs...when I called about getting someone else to come out, I asked about the floors & said I never heard back about them. I was very rudely told that the claim had been closed and there was nothing I could do about it. After asking to speak to a manager, it came out that the guys who scratched the floor said that 1) the scratches were already there 2) I wouldnt allow them to take pictures. These are the same guys who bullied me after it happened saying that I cant tell on them because they would get in trouble as they are not allowed to move furniture...their moving the bench at the end of the bed scratched my floors. They closed the claim based on what the guys said without even contacting me.

In the meantime I ordered a wall shelving unit that arrived crushed & a "silver" lamp that arrived a yellowed color.

My imagine of this company being a respectable & high end company was wrong!!!!

Buyer Beware!!!!!

I have had nothing but incompetence and rudeness from the moving company Restoration Hardware uses, Excell Direct. I am a teacher and I clarified over and over that I get home at 2:30 pm.

They kept calling me at school and saying "we're at your house" at Noon! Over and over the store would arrange an afternoon pick-up for the dining furniture, and one month later they have yet to pick up anything. I have gotten the runaround and spent hours trying to return this furniture which the store said was no problem. Really!!!

I will never buy anything from Restoration again and I advise any consumer "Buyer Beware". Corporate is just a call center, so don't think you will get anything resolved with them.

yeah....good luck with that. What sucked for me was I got rid of ALL of my bedroom furniture the night before the delivery. Had to go out any buy from another company.

Sent a certified letter to the CEO and never heard back.

I totally agree with this review. I ordered an expensive leather sofa from these guys and was given a date of delivery, well it's month past the delivery time and no one can tell me where my sofa is located.

View more comments (3)