Best Shepherd Kennels - Becky Bouchard - German Shepherd

I think that this email that Becky sent me after taking my 500.00 deposit and never notifying me that the dog I wanted a puppy from never got pregnant and then refusing to refund my deposit, then the dogs that the next puppies were from, well, she sent emails where she was selling both parents and a notification on some disease that puppies of big breeds have, their bones grow so fast....Needless to say, I am sure I am not the only one she has ripped off. Here's her email to me in regards to my deposit and, I bought a different puppy from right here where I live, thank goodness. Buyer beware, she won't let you come and pick your puppy out or pick it up????? I am sorry but it was rather RUDE of you to never contact me and nicely explain why you were unable to take your pup and to leave me hanging. The pup you left a deposit on got a wonderful home and they LOVE her. Will send pic's from them when I recieve them. Your loss was their gain and I told them that. We breeders do talk, and we do comment on clients we have had problems with threw our network. This all could have been handled in an adult manner if you had had common courtesy to give a heads up on your end. If you couldn't aford the pup you could have just said so. Oh well I don't really care. I made an extra $500.00 from your aggravation. If you ever want to send me another $500.00 please feel free. "A fool and their money are quickly parted."

We have been blessed with 3 shepherds from Becky. We could not be happier...

or hairier! haha! Right now they're blowing their coats and we have tumble weeds everywhere! hahaa!!

Gotta love them! Thanks Becky for all you do. Your family approach with these beautiful dogs make me want another one!

(Well.... not this year, but maybe next!)

Karen Anastasi

Becky Weber Bouchard of Bouchards Best Shepherds ( how ironic) is the most unethical, unprofessional breeder I have come across. She sold me a puppy with a hereditary genetic disease and refused to be accountable for the breeding and continues to breed dogs from the same line. Consumers beware.

on the website for all to see:

DEPOSIT:

Best Shepherds is a breeder and NOT a "Puppy Store". We are acredited and registered with the Better Business Bureau, whom we invite you to visit.

A NON-REFUNDABLE deposit will hold a puppy for you. This helps to ensure that our BestShepherd puppies are reserved for loving, serious buyers and are guaranteed to have a home when they are ready for adoption. If you leave a deposit on a litter not yet whelped and there should be any complications or the pregnancy fails, your deposit will be credited to our next available litter. We will also do our best to give you priority on our next available litter choices.

If you have an unforeseen change of circumstances and can not take delivery of the puppy when the puppy is ready for placement, BestShepherds will transfer your deposit credit to another litter arriving at a later time that is more fitting to your situation. Ordinarily BestShepherds will hold your deposit for one (1) year, after which it may become forfeited at the option of BestShepherds.

I have a long haired gsd, 2.5 years old, male. Although I bought him in Springfield, VT, his mother came from Bouchard's Best Shepherds.

I have had german shepherd dogs for 30 years, and he is the best ever! Very calm, smart. Can be taken anywhere. Only barks when necessary--if someone pulls up our driveway.

And even then, it's just to announce.

Occasionally aloof, usually friendly. He's our last dog and I feel so lucky to have gotten him.

I bought a long coat plush German shepherd from Bouchard's Best Shepherd's in June of 2010. The female pup arrive took her plane flight from Massachusetts to California and arrived clean and well.

She is the most loving, beautiful dog, with a fantastic personality and beautiful markings. Becky took the time to answer all my questions and was very helpful every step of the way.

This girl is a lifetime dog, for sure, and is a part of the family. What a joy she is !

:p :grin 8) :zzz :upset :x :) :eek

Well I don't know the details here but legally speaking and someone familiar with dog law (which albeit is state dependent).....

Usually a "waiting list" deposit is fully refundable. If the breeder does not produce a puppy for the person then they must refund the waiting list deposit.

If the deposit was written as a "hold deposit" for a SPECIFIC puppy then at that point homes are passed up on. And that can be and usually is a non-refundable deposit.

So what it states on the contract "hold" or "waiting list" deposit is what a judge would look at in this matter. Hope that helps:)

Actually I'm not the same person. I've been seeing negative feedback on line and thought I should tell my story.

Again you always have to get the last word don't you. :grin

It's pretty easy for someone to be pleasant when their being told how great they are but your true character comes out when someone has a complaint. Instead of taking some responsibility it's all about you have to be right. Anyway who cares.

You suck. Nuff said.

This woman is a back yard breeder that breeds dogs with aggressive temperaments. She also DOES NOT appreciate her customers.

She is money grubbing and should appreciate what people are paying for her over priced dogs a little more then she does. She is also trying to sell a 9 month old dog that she says is trained for $8,000 LMFAO wowwwwww! For that price I can get a level 2 schutzhund trained dog with training that is legitimate! Dogs are generally nice by nature that's why people buy them!

but if there is even 1 aggressive dog in a litter you should stop breeding that dog. You're a red headed hick that no one can trust. I suggest this holiday season that you have a little reflection time and stop re-butting when YOU ARE WRONG. You are not right because you post an argument against the unhappy customer.

If you were a nice person that deserves someone's $1500 you wouldn't of re-butted at all. It just shows how you really are. You have to get the last word and you are ignorant. Of course statistically there will be more happy customers then unhappy!

That's just the way it works but when you can't except the fact that you are wrong and some of your dogs suck you are truly an ignorant ***.

They say never trust a red head and you are a prime example of that. Happy holidays blood sucker.

@TheTruthHurts

Have you been to best shepherds? One thing I noticed that set her apart from other kennels I visited, no dog odor at all, clean puppies, and fresh shavings.

I have had the pleasure of visiting bests shepherds, and meeting the entire family, and her dogs are incredible, gentle, well taken care of, and obviously loved. This is not a backyard breeder.

I personally visited, met every dog on the property, everything was clean, and well kept. Her kennel license, and inspection reports were posted, along with emergency info. I was very impressed.

One of the nicest kennels I have visited, and yes we did purchase a great dog from them. Anyone is welcome, and Becky was very accomodating.

View more comments (37)
ID
#120835 Review #120835 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Wichita, Kansas