Fitness 19 Charged me $660 for Training Services Not Received!

I joined Fitness 19 in Tracy, Ca back in Oct 2007. The manager Chad also sold me a Personal Training Package. Initially we had agreed to 24 sessons. But after in an depth conversation with Chad I decided to do 12 sessions, see how that goes and then decide at that point whether or not to do another 12. With 3 sessions left and no results I decided not to renew for another 12 sessions. I informed my trainer Patrick of my decision and he assured me that he would note it in the computer. We checked the computer on my last session to be sure and he assured me that I had not/and would not be charged for another 12 sessons. To my dismay Dec2007 I was charged an additional $660 bucks! I notified Chad the manager and Shawn the assistant manager of this and they both assured me that they would correct this error. They also told me to follow-up with their home office, which I did. After several months of getting no where I notified my credit card company. They reversed the charge up intill May 2008. Fitness 19 informed my credit card company they had not issued a refund. I called Fitness 19 about this only to get the run around again. They claim they never received my request and to resubmit it for review. They have no intentions of giving me my money back. Warning, to anyone out there DO NOT let this company do preauthorized charges to your credit card because if you want to cancel they will take you thru *** and back! PS Since working out on my own I have lost 25 lbs and 8% bodyfat!
#120348

Contact your credit card company again and remind them that it is Identity Theft that you never made the charge and ask them to send you a notarization form stating that you never made the charge. Once you fill out the paperwork they are required to refund your money to your account.

Identity Theft is under 530.6 PC of the California Penal Code. Just because you have a contract with a company does not make it a civil matter if they screw up with your billing or over charge you.

It is a criminal matter and you should notify them of it. Trust me they will change it.

NO ONE CARES ***

View more comments (1)
ID
#120689 Review #120689 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Stockton, California
Loss

Hypnotic Marketing Dr Joe Vitalie - Charged My account 8 Months Later for a Product I never received!

I attempted to order some software from Hypnotic Marketing i.e. Dr Joe Vitalieback in July 2007. Unfotunately they wer experiencing problems with their website and I was unable to complete the purchase and download the software. To my surprise in March 2008 a charge of $277 bucks appeared on my credit card. At first I didnt recall trying to purchase anything from them. But after calling them we figured out what had happened. I spoke with a Nancy who assured me she would look into the matter and correct the error. After several calls to her the problem has still not been corrected. I just want my moneyback. I never got the software and am not interested in getting it at this point. You would think the owner Dr. Joe Vitalie from "The Secret" would have quickly refunded me my money since he writes and teaches about prosperity etc. Why a man so prosperous would want to hang on to someone's $277 bucks is beyond me. Maybe submitting this report will light some FIRE under the employee's at Hypnotic Marketing and get them to do the right thing.

In 2008 there was no "Nancy" affiliated with HMI that I know of. If you want to light a fire report HMI to the Attorney General of the State of Texas Fraud Department.

ID
#120687 Review #120687 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Stockton, California