Nvr Mortgage Finance - Predatory lending practices - lure in with $5000.00

5/7/18. NVR Inc. is the holding company and it owns Ryan Homes, NVR Homes, NVR Mortgage and NVR Title Services. I am about to purchase a Ryan Homes in New Market MD - Lake Linganore. Ryan suggested to use their mortgage financing which is NVR Financing, because they would offer $5000.00 closing help. This is some type of switch and bate tactic because their closing costs were higher than other lenders closing cost. For example, the fee that NV charges to process the load is $1990 whereas Costco Home buying program was $311.00. I understand NV homes would allow the $5000.00 to be used with another lender if the NV financing would have denied the financing deal. However, when we demonstrated the lack of closing help Ronnie Staines - Branch Manager - NVR, Inc was still trying to push upon an inferior loan of higher interest rates and higher closing cost. Ronnie refused to denied the loan and said it was my decision not to move forward with their program. Even if we attempted to increase the cost of the home to cover some of the closing cost we would still be short. I again demonstrated this to Ronnie and he refused to deny the loan. Note other items a buyer should be reviewed is the mortgage insurance (MI). This was higher with NVR financing with a standard conventional loan. NVR MI was $207.00 and another lender monthly total was $142.00. Another option was to buy out of the MI for $8,740.57 and competitor was $6651.00. A $2089.57 cost difference. My point with this data is buyer should be aware of their unethical practice of Ryan and NVR Financing being lured in with bait of $5000.00 closing help. Seems to be predatory lending practices to me when you force a client to go with your lending institution for closing help and not have a competitive product.
#2084897

Thank you for this review. I am buying a Ryan Home and have been offered the $5,00 which I though was odd since they only offered $1,000 up front. I will stick with my lender as I feared they would be higher on ther charges and interest rates.

Don't do it. Go with a more reputable builder.

They lie to you switch their story and have a answer to every question.

They are slick but do ever build with them. Tell family friends anyone who is looking to build don't do it.

View more comments (1)
ID
Richmond, Virginia
Service
Ryan Homes Home Buying
Pros
  • Home
Reason of review