1st Security Bank closed my account for no reason.

My account was here for about a year. I lost my job due to the recession and in November my unemployment ran out and I was unable to make deposits, making me about 150.00 overdrawn for a while. I finally got a new job and by chance two days before my first paycheck I received an email telling me to cover the OD or they will close my account. I did so within two days and to my horror they closed it anyway. I called and spoke to the manager, Marcelo, he told me that because of my OD "the bank did not want me as a customer" I was shocked and humiliated. I contacted customer service and they refused to provide me with any kind of consolation or assistance... all I wanted was my account at the bank again. I am not asking for anything else and they are being completely unreasonable.

Be very thankful they closed your account. They are predatory lenders.

I know from first hand experience as I had a loan with them. I would never do business with them again and would tell anyone to steer clear of this unethical institution.

What state are you in? There are tons of First Security Banks!

I am not a financial risk. This was a one time accurance based on a situation I had no control over.

So YES I would take every persons individual situation into account when doing business, rather than pigeonholing them as this bank seems to do. They are not the only bank, but this is a matter of principle.

Would you be willing to take a chance on a financial risk like yourself?? I think not. They probably aren't the only bank in town either.

View more comments (3)