Ashley Furniture - UDATE On I didn't spend and I'm not out of the woods yet??

Ok, so I finally got a hold of the sales lady as soon as they opened. She said she was sorry and hadn't been able to order our furniture because we gave her a check last night 5 minutes before closing. Then, I proceded to tell her we changed our minds and she said I could come and pick up my check anytime. I thanked her and started having second thoughts about not going with Ashley for our purchases. So, around 11:30 my husband and I decided to go in and pick up the check. When we got there they said, " Oh, we decided to cash your check". I was furious. They thought if they could hurry and get it through we would be stuck with a 20% re-stocking fee and it would take us weeks to get a check back. I immediately called my bank in front of the sales lady and told them to do a stop payment of my check and then we left. I was mad but glad that I'm only out the $20, instead of receiving junk furniture with store credit to buy more junk furniture and a warranty that wasn't any good. It's very sad because all the furniture we picked out was very nice on the showroom floor and I was excited about finally being able to afford it. Thank you to all who stepped up and saved me lots of money and most of all grief.
ID
#120195 Review #120195 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Kalispell, Montana