North American Power's reply to:

North American Power - Deceptive and Unfair Practices

Hi Jennifer - thank you for your comment. We are so sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience with North American Power. After doing some research on your account, we noticed that you enrolled with us on 5/30/2018 on a 36 month fixed rate term. We then sent you two renewal notices on 3/31/2021 and 4/15/2021 to remind you of your upcoming fixed rate expiration. Since we did not hear from you by the end of your fixed rate term - and we can't make any changes to your plan without your permission - your account was moved to our month-to-month variable rate plan (as described in the Terms of Service mailed to you on 6/21/2018). After learning of your concerns, we called you on 8/19/2021 to review the details of your account. As a courtesy, we offered a refund to you on previous invoices. Once again, we appreciate your feedback and are glad we could resolve this matter with you.
ID
Service
North American Power Electricity Supply
Cons
  • Rate
  • Price gouging inbetween month pre-new supplier billing
  • Not honest
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

My fixed rate contract expired and I was apparently moved to a variable rate without my agreement or acceptance. The variable rate was about double the current rate offering - so not actually variable - more like price gouging at a maximum rate (For reference, PECO's current variable rate is 0.06 and this company is charging 0.13).

A partial refund for one invoice was offered ONLY IF I signed up for a new contract with them. This company is both deceptive and unfair and I plan to file a formal complaint.

User's recommendation: Do not sign up with them!