LIGHTING THE WEB - Company took my money without delivering product, then kept postponing the delivery date.

"I placed an order on June 14 for a lamp. The website indicated the lamp was out of stock and it would be in stock on July 31, shipping August 4. Meanwhile they had the nerve to charge my account for an order they could not fill. When I checked the status of my order on August 5 the website indicated that someone else had got the last one and that they were expecting shipment again on August 31. I called the company and was put on hold for 20 minutes. I gave up and left a message for someone to call me. The next day I called again and was on hold for 30 minutes. The man who finally came on the phone was totally unconcerned over my unhappiness. He said it is company policy to charge the customer before shipping the product because they do not keep card numbers on file. He did not offer an explanation why my lamp was given to someone else/or why the lamp was on back order again. Horrible customer service. I was concerned that I was being strung along that I might not get my lamp. He could not offer me any reassurance, so I cancelled my order. Company seems unscrupulous to me. me."

User's recommendation: Read the Company reviews before ordering!

ID
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

LIGHTING THE WEB - Wondering if Company is a fraud. They kept “stringing” me along.

"I placed an order on June 14 for a lamp. The website indicated the lamp was out of stock and it would be in stock on July 31, shipping August 4. They had the nerve to charge my account for an order that had not shipped. When I checked the status of my order on August 5 the website indicated that someone else had got the last one and that they were expecting shipment again on August 31. I called the company and was put on hold for 20 minutes. I gave up and left a message for someone to call me. The next day I called again and was on hold for 30 minutes. The man who finally came on the phone was totally unconcerned over my unhappiness that I was out my money and the company kept stringing me along. He said it is company policy to charge the customer before shipping the product because they do not keep card numbers on file. I cancelled my order on principle! He said they would refund my money. My question is, how are they going to refund my money if they dont keep card numbers on file? Do not order from this company. Horrible customer service. It looks like a con to me."

User's recommendation: I am questioning the company’s legitimacy.

ID