PayPal are Thiefs!

I have used PayPal for years and trusted them with my money, credit card numbers, personal information, etc.. One day I was notified by PayPal that some "suspicious" activity had occurred on my account. Since then my life has been ***. The activity was not the result of any purchases, selling, or anything at all on my part. In fact, I had not used PayPal for some time and was surprised to hear from them at all. Someone had breached their security and got access to my bank accounts. Only, that is not the worse- the worse part is the way they have handled the situation. They made me feel like the thief, when it is because of them that anything took place! They told me it was their "policy" to freeze my accounts- not refund my money- and make me wait two weeks for an answer from them whether or not they would return the stolen money. When I sign onto my PayPal Account and check on the status of the dispute- it says they are "Waiting on a response from the Seller"! OMG! What Seller- I Never bought anything! This is just real scary and I no longer even feel safe. My personal information has been breached and not only that- it is their "Policy" to not allow me to close my account until they come to a resolution. In other words, the very people who allowed my personal information to go out- also still have control over the said information. This is a true outrage.
ID