The Barlow Trail Vet Clinic - Dangerous uncensored veterinarians in Oregon

A recent encounter with the Barlow Trail Veterinarian Clinic, David Christenson, left my animal dead because of what I believe to be incompetence and gross negligence on the part of the Vet. I presented the evidence to the OVMEB (Oregon Veterinary Medical Examining Board) which after two review hearings absolved Christenson of any liability in the animal's death. The OVMEB also refused to accept further documented evidence in the case. Three individual veterinarians had review the case and their opinion was that the dog was killed through gross negligence. My recommendation is to stay away from Christenson, DVM and the Oregon Veterinary Examining Board, because you will loose more than your animal. You cannot win in the State of Oregon.

I am going to attempt to contact you using the telephone directories in this area. I spent eight months having the OVMEB play games on my head.

I lost of course, because they have many unknown rules. There is a trick of even filing the complaint too. I know some of their tricks. I doubt anyone wins against a vet.

One reason is that the vets subsidize the OVMEB - their licensing fees - bankroll what is a semi autonomous agency of the state.

RN also.

I intend to file a complaint with OVMEB. My fear is that they will alter the medical records.

I know a little about people medicine. I should have been more careful about picking a vet. Trouble is the lady vet that I always saw was not the one doing the surgery.

I had never met "him". Susan RN

The 'complete' records I received from the Barlow Trail Vet Clinic were incomplete and appeared to be altered. These were the records that the OVMEB used for their decision exonerating Christenson..

The OVMEB also stated that they need a number of complaints to find against the veterinarian, if my memory serves me. I suggest filing a complaint with the OVMEB. It will not resolve your loss, but enough complaints may force some action against Christenson by the OVMEB. If enough of us file complaints, we may be able to stop the Barlow Trail Vet Clinic carnage.

In the meantime, I am forwarding this to the OVMEB to remind them that we, the consumers, are watching.

When you are ready for another puppy - the love of your life, try the Damascus Vet Clinic in Damascus, Oregon. It is quite a distance to drive, but my young dog is well cared for and not in danger.

I took my healthy,beautiful golden retriever puppy to Barlow Trail Vet Clinic, to have spayed. She is now dead.

I have received conflicting reports of what happened.

I am waiting on medical records to have rewiewed by another vet. Do not take your animal to these people.

View more comments (3)