American Capital Home Loans - Lie to reel you in

I worked with Chris Munoz at American Capital Home Loans to refinance my home. He lied to me and told me favorable rates in order to reel me in, then pulled a bait and switch after I had paid $425 for an appraisal (but wait, he told me I was only going to be charged $375) to "lock in" my rate. When my home appraised for $1,400 less than what I told him I thought it might, the terms of my loan completely changed. He told me an FHA loan was all he could do at almost $9,000 in closing costs (over 100% increase of what he originally stated closing costs would be) I called the appraisal company and caught him in his lie. He ordered an FHA appraisal from the beginning (hence the extra $50 cost) when all the loan terms he had given me and told me I was locking in with were for a conventional loan. I never would have continued with him to refinance into an FHA loan. I sent an email to his supervisor asking for my money back and all I got was Chris calling me telling me that I would still save money by refinancing them them over the life of my loan. He never denied his deceptive practices. I also filed a complain with the Better Business Bureau which they did not respond to. Now I am disputing the charge with my credit card company. We will see if that gets me anywhere. I would NEVER recommend Chris Munoz or American Capital Home Loans for your mortgage needs.

Seriously? Wow, thanks for letting me know.

So they admit he did wrong. Wish I got back the $425 I wasted trying to refi with them though.

I used them and closed today, and honestly had no issues. I did inquire about this Chris Munoz fellow and found out he was no longer employed there anymore due to that above referenced comment...

thats what they said anyways.. So have to kind of like the fact that they did away with a person that caused an issue.

Anyways, Thanks Sean and team... Great job!!

Jim