Brandenburg Water - They installed a poor quality new pump, it failed 3 weeks later, they refused to come fix it

About two months ago on 1-18-18 I hired Brandenburg Water at www.brandenburgwater.com to install a lake pump for me on my property on Lake Austin, they quoted me a really attractive price, lower than the other company and I thought I could save some money. The sales guy who came out looked “clean cut”, but then the crew who came out to install was real knarly looking, covered in bandanas, tattoos, and pierced rings, etc, and actually looked pretty scary - - my wife kept the children inside the whole time. I found out only after they left that the Goulds pump they installed had a Chinese motor, well, the pump lasted 3 weeks and then failed. So I called them to come back out and fix it, but they continually rescheduled me over and over (never even showed). The last converstaion I had with them I told them if they didn't come back and get it right I was going to have to report them - - his response: “We'll just deny it, we never heard of you”. Well today I am out thousands of $$$ with no pump. Really angry, I started to dig deeper on this company: If you take a look at the Brandenburg Water website it states the company is owned by Steve and Travis Yowell, same guys who did the install. From Google images/mapping it is easy to see Brandenburg Water does not even have an office, this outfit is working out of a tiny residential house in Round Rock. Buyer's remorse, wish I had looked this up before I cut a deal with them. Then a friend tipped me off to the Texas government licensing search site where I discovered there is no record of anyone with the last name “Yowell” at the Texas government licensing site, so neither this fellow and his son are Master Plumber(s) as their website claims, and they are NOT licensed to perform any water treatment under Texas law. Here are the links: https://vo.licensing.hpc.texas.gov/datamart/selSearchType.do https://www.tceq.texas.gov/licensing/licenses/wtslic https://www.tceq.texas.gov/assets/public/licensing/documents/GuidelinesforWTS_DrillersInstallers.pdf OMG, big red flag ! After contacting the State of Texas I was told only currently licensed Master Plumbers are exempt - - - all others not licensed are simply involved in criminal enterprise, violating the law, and should be reported for such behavior. So I got hoodwinked. All told - - Buyer beware: If it sounds too good to be true - - it probably is - - - You always get what you pay for . . . . . thought I could save some, but now will be spending double to get another company to do the job.

Nice try Robert neibors with austin lake pumps putting down other company's to try and make yourself look better. That's not good business.

Liar. Only 3 people work for brandenburg and none like you have described.

This is obviously another austin lake pump company that's not doing very well. There are only 3 employees at Brandenburg water.

I've never seen any tattoos or bandanas on any of them. These guys have been my lake pump as well as my purification guys for over 10 yrs now.

Almost everyone on our street uses Brandenburg and has nothing but great things to say about them. It's a shame that anyone can get online and try to degrade good people.

View more comments (2)