Appliance Factory And Mattress Kingdom - Appliance Factory Outlet is dishonest

I purchased a GE refrigerator, induction cooktop, wall oven, and dishwasher from Appliance Factory & Mattress Kingdom on University Avenue in the summer of 2013. At the time I purchased a 10 year major components extended warranty for all four appliances. For reasons only the sales person knows I was written up on two separate invoices and I received two separate receipts; both receipts have a line item on them for the 10 year major components extended warranty. The receipt said nothing about only one component being under warranty and I was told all components were covered. Fast forward 4 1/2 years and the left two burners on the GE induction cooktop stopped working. I called BrandSource, the company Appliance Factory makes me use for repairs, to service the cooktop and told them I had a 10 year major component warranty for the cooktop. They sent a service technician out to repair the cooktop and said nothing about the warranty. When the service technician arrived he looked at the cooktop and said we didn't have a warranty and he charged us $65 and didn't even touch the cooktop. He also said even if we had a warranty that we wouldn't be covered because the main generator module that needs to be replaced isn't considered a major component. What? If the main generator module isn't a major component then what is? Fast forward a week and I went to the Appliance Factory & Mattress store that sold me the kitchen appliances and explained the situation. The store manager told me it looked like we should have a warranty, he didn't know why BrandSource wouldn't do the warranty work, and he was there to make sure I was taken care of properly. He gave me a phone number and told me to call their warranty department on Monday when they were open. On Monday I called the phone number and got a recording; six times. I then called Tuesday and got a recording twice so I finally left a message explaining the situation asking for them to call me back. Over a week later and they still haven't called me back. I then called the President's direct number listed on the Appliance Factory & Mattress Outlet web site and got a recording stating the mailbox was full. I called back the next day and again got a recording. This time the mail box wasn't full and I was able to leave a message. Three days later I received a call from BrandSource and the person said I was under warranty for the refrigerator but not the cooktop. He also said that BrandSource the company had no affiliation with Appliance Factory & Mattress Outlet and that I'd have to talk to Appliance Factory & Mattress Outlet to get the warranty resolved. So, in summary, I purchased four appliances and was told I had a warranty on all four appliances. When one of them went out I was told the appliance that was faulty was not under warranty and the repairman charged me $65 for that information and he didn't even touch the cooktop. I was then told by the store manager to call a number that nobody answers. I was then told by BrandSource that it's not their problem and I should go back and talk to the store manager. Appliance Factory & Mattress Outlet is not running an honest business. They say one thing but do another and then send you on a wild goose chase trying to get answers from phone numbers that nobody answers. Shame on you Appliance Factory & Mattress Outlet. My money for future kitchen appliances, laundry appliances, and mattresses will be spent elsewhere.
ID
Centennial, Colorado
Cons
  • Lies lies and more lies
  • Lies
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered