Investitute - Get ready to be asked for a ton of cash!

Update by user Mar 06, 2018

BTW, TD Ameritrade now offers their option education services for free. According to them, they used to charge $22,500 for the service.

Original review posted by user Mar 06, 2018
Bought their book after seeing a commercial on CNBC. It was advertised as "free" but had a $15 shipping charge, which is exorbitant considering media mail rates are super cheap and should cost just a couple of bucks or so to really ship it. So the book is not free, and they are skimming off the shipping charge. My main beef, though, is the phone calls I got a couple of weeks later. The first call I got was from a guy that seemed to be just probing my situation, asking some qualifiers to see if I might be a good candidate for their program. He set up the next phone call for the following day, and it was with a female that continued the conversation about my goals as an investor and my background in trading and whether I would stick with their program. Their program was one on one mentoring by an experienced options trader that would work with you throughout the year. After about 10 minutes, she proclaimed I was a great candidate! Then the shocker. $8,500. She was unashamed in asking for the money, and even asked if I had a credit card ready. I was thinking maybe a few hundred bucks, which I would have been fine with. Put on the spot, and still processing what I just heard, I bought some time by telling her I would check with my bank about financing it. In the meantime she sent a follow up email the next day and generously lowered the offer to only $8,000. Lol. I politely declined, feeling incredulous that an innocent purchase of a book led to some high pressure, big money sales pitch. There is probably nothing illegal about what they do, but people must understand that these make-money books are often just something to lure you in to a large sales scheme. They don't want to sell you the book, it's their outrageously priced services they want to close you on. I haven't finished reading the book since this episode, so I can't tell you whether it is worth reading. Just be careful, there are others out there, like "Trade Like Chuck", which follows a similar marketing strategy.

The book is constantly redundant.. It is definitely an advertising piece to get you in the system.

There is nothing technical about the book that you can't get from other free services. Freebie** The TNT Options section of the website is not all that great..

you receive 1 trading idea for the week.. Usually a day or two too late on the news letters as well.

@Jhoward

I agree with Jhoward . The book is part of marketing to get you to their superscription, which costs a lot of money . You could get it freely on the web.

View more comments (1)
ID
#1203968 Review #1203968 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Investitute Sales Representative
Cons
  • High pressure
Reason of review
High pressure, high costs.
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

A pack of scoundrels running the show at Photobucket

A pack of scoundrels running the show at Photobucket
Photobucket forces their logo on my old photo and then demands money if you want your picture back. Basically holding my photo hostage for a ransom. And not just a lttle bit of money, more like $400. They could have gone about this a number of different and better ways, but they chose to blindside people and their property with a seemingly unbreakable link to their spam. I guess I will have to find my original photo before I uploaded it to their godawful, ad-polluted site. This company was cool for 5 minutes many years ago and I probably would have paid money back then, but now you can forget it. They will never get one penny from me. There are so many other great alternatives now. This is a shameful bunch of scoundrels. Hope they go under.
ID
#1190862 Review #1190862 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Photobucket Website
Cons
  • Just google them
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Take your link out of my photos