Verified Reviewer

Stone Mountain Toyota - Dishonest repairs. inspections, diagnostics and poor customer service

Took my 2009 Camry LE into Stone Mountain Toyota because oil light was on. No oil registered on dipstick. They did oil change and I was told to come back after 1000 miles. Returned after 1600 miles and again there was no measurable oil. Oil light never came on this time. Dealer told me they didn't know why. Wanted $1120 to tear down engine for diagnostic. Put additional additive in with oil change saying this might help. Checked internet and found out this is a well known problem with my year and model. Have had my car serviced at this dealer since buying the car and was never informed that there was or could be problem. My car only has 101,622 miles. Car now needs a new engine, that as a retired, 71 year-old single female, I cannot afford. I was allowed to drive out without the knowledge that my car could break down at any time which could cause an accident or leave me stranded. Stone Mountain Toyota has a poor review record of only 1.3 stars. I am thoroughly disgusted and disappointed. I thought I could trust this dealership, but I see now that I was wrong. I have told all my friends and acquaintances about this place. They have lost my business for repairs and the purchase of another vehicle.

User's recommendation: Find another place to get your car serviced or purchase a car. This dealership cannot be trusted and does not have the customer's best interest in mind.

ID
Lilburn, Georgia
Cons
  • Poor quality inspection and diagnostic services
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution