Performance Honda - Filler neck always frozen in the winter!!!

The capless fuel system is awful. It keeps getting moisture in-between the two flaps in the gas filler neck and then becomes frozen soild. which now means you can't get fuel. Have only had the 2018 Honda Ridgeline for 2 weeks, and Everytime I have gone to get gas it's frozen so I look like an idiot out there at the pump. I guess this is why it has an outlet in the bed...it's not for tool charging, it's for your hairdryer that you have to carry around to get fuel. So upset I spent all this money on a nice truck and you can't get gas during the cold months. Why did you have to go and change something that was not broken?

I have a 2018 Ridgeline that I just spent an hour with a hairdryer and a bottle of heat. I can not believe how much ice was stuck between the two flaps.

I must be poor if in as the water runs down the side of the panel. I’m wondering how much water is getting into the tank on warm rainy days.

I have several Honda’s. Easily the worse thing that they have ever done.

@Anonymous

Go to your Honda dealer. They have a fix for this issue. I just recently got mine fixed, not sure if it's a total fix yet as we have not had the right conditions just yet.

They changed to a capless system because they saved fifty cents or so on a cap. This is another thing to watch out for when buying a new car.

@Machele

I hear that everyone is going to be switching....

View more comments (3)