Skoloff and Wolfe - Incompetent and unethical attorney - Patrick W. Harrington

I hired Patrick Harrington, Esq. of Skoloff & Wolfe, P.C. in Livingston, NJ to represent me in a child support modification case in 2008. After initial meetings, he processed the motion papers, however, at the last meeting before the court date, not only did he rushed me out of the meeting just because he has to do something else, and gave me only 6 minutes to prep for the court hearing. Then at the court hearing, he fumbled and mislocate one of my crucial documents to present to the judge, and the judge would not even allow this to be evidence due to his disorganization. I ended up losing the case plus more. So I found another attorney to represent me in the motion for reconsideration before the same judge, and the judge overturned his original decision and eventually I won. Now Patrick Harrington insisted to collect his undeserved attorney fee from me in full. Upon a fee arbitration hearing, which is another joke, the fee arbitration committee consists of a panel of 3 lawyers, including a prosecutor of Caldwell, NJ, sided with Patrick Harrington, despite the fact that I have the court transcript on cassette tape to prove how Mr. Harrington fumbled in court. Where is the objective jury? Please think twice before you utilize this law firm in New Jersey. There is no justice but a bunch of money-grubbers who are incompetent to do their work but won't fail to collect money from their clients. Somehow the legal system is so flawed that even when the customer can prove their incompetence, you still have to pay for their mistakes. Unlike other services, there is no law to protect the consumer.

I happen to work for 3 Attorney's as a receptionist and no matter what you think about a particular Attorney they work very hard to help their clients. But they are like anyone else.

They make mistakes too. However if you made an agreement for services then you are bound by that agreement. There are no Attorneys that don't want to win.

You should realize that just because he didn't spend much time with you doesn't mean he didn't do work for you. He probably has more important cases to deal with besides someone who doesn't want to pay child support.

HE SCREWED ME AND MY AUTISTIC KIDS ROYALLY. HE IS THE WORST.

#196211

I encourage you to keep at them. Trust me you will find it..they are corrupt & shady like you wouldn't believe.

Good for you...we are glad someone finally stood up for their rights. In addition, none of the personal and financial information is secure and you hear more and more employees are stealing information to obtain goods and services.

His secretary's INS status is questionable and her past is nothing but roadblocks which leads everyone to believe that she will one day take your information and leave the country. She has managed to stay under the radar and only in NY did they start to question her status and she left.

Guaranteed your business will be talked about like a newspaper headline; there are several girls - two in particular that discuss confidential information with their families, other law firms and friends. Good luck.

View more comments (3)