Verified Reviewer

American direct/direct buy(same???)

I sat through the presentaion. I liked what I saw. Got talked into buying that night. I was not going to be asked back if not buy then. This was said at a very rude tone. I felt forced to join! I went in couple months later to buy the blu block sun glassese they show in thier meeting(save a lot of money). I was told they were all bought out. Tried to buy knife st on different trip-all bought out. I was talked into a pair of sunglasses(more money of course)that were "as good as blu blockers". I have apid for my membership and now I don't hear from them no more..Joined in 2005. Its been three years and nothing. I think it is a scam also just like direct buy. Anyonme else feel that way and what can I do about the lost money!!!

my friend and i would love to join in. they ripped us off too! and we can prove it.

I am a direct buy customer for almost a year now and can say that I have had none of the issues that have been reported here with American Direct. I have been more than happy with the customer service that the in store employees exhibit.

My Father and went in on the cost of the membership (which is expensive), but I have more that tripled what I spent on the membership on my whole house remodel.

The membership is not for everyone, unless you are planning a major remodel or own rental properties you will not see a return on your investment soon. Hope this helps someone!

:upset I worked for american direct, and I quit after a week. They are backwards, and very very quite about what they are really about.

The phone appointment setters lie, lie, lie and say whatever to you to get you to come in. I felt like a robot working there. In order to make better money you had to get more people to give you thier addresses, and if you didnt, you were on the chopping block to be fired without notice... however, if you wanted to quit to pursue something more stable, they cut into your money.

They will pay you 7 an hour, but if you quit, they only pay you 6.55 and hour. I seen this scam. I had to leave. It's funny because we just moved to this town and EVERYONE here makes jokes about this company.

Everyone knows that this place is a scam.

They dont even have a name on thier building... maybe so no one that they scam can find them??

thanks to everyone for their input. this saved me from losing money on the zaken corporation.

I can help you.. I know all the inside business of American Direct and would be very willing to testify against them ..if need be..

I know because was at one time a key employee no pun intended when I say key.. please contact me via email kychrisc@***.com

Same exact experience, we are in the process of fighting with them over deceptive tactics to get people to sign! You need to start filling complaints with government entities to get more action on your behalf! They have a bunch of complaints against them OH and if you help spread the word I bet they will have more!

View more comments (5)