Admirals Club - Terrible Experience at Admiral's Club in Charlotte

Very similar experience at Admirals Club in Charlotte. I also fly American frequently and we wanted to use the Lounge between flights. Was rudely told by a Dana at the reception that it could not be honored as this was an intermediate stop not a coast to coast American flight. Actually, we tried to book Coast to Coast by American had none available and sent us through Charlotte. On the way to Kennedy Airport we had no problem at all accessing Admirals Club in LA. If we were informed in a polite way, I would have understood, but the belligerent attitude of the reception person was beyond belief. I then saw that if I had a special AA Mastercard, I could be admitted. I went to the web site of the Admirals Club, applied online, was accepted and went back to the desk at Charlotte. This time I was told I had applied for the wrong AA Mastercard and still could not be admitted. The receptionist acted like a bureaucrat in a State Agency rather than a caring individual trying to be of help to American customers. When I complained about this to Admirals Club, I got a form letter back essentially restating their policies and not addressing my concerns at all. I then told them I'd like to talk to a real person in management. Then then had the temerity to have the original receptionist I complained about call me and restate she was right and I was wrong. This is a Club no sane person should join. I will avoid American like the plague from here on in.
ID
Cons
  • Rude employees
  • Lack of responsiveness to complaints
  • Having the employee i complained of call me back