Verified Reviewer

Vacation Rewards - Telephone solicitation scam

A company named Vacation Rewards International just supposedly sold me by uninvited telephone solicitation a package of a week-long stay at a timeshare and an eight-day, seven-night cruise on Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines in a Royal Loft Suite. They took my money in a flash. After hanging up with them, I immediately researched them on the Internet and determined that this was a scam. They have a glossy website and appear to be quite sophisticated, well-financed and employing a substantial number of persons. They do not publish any headquarters location or business address. The retail rate for the cruise they sold me showed that the price I paid them for it was impossible. They claim to partner with every major cruise line and time-share company out there. I have alerted Royal Caribbean that they are using its good name to defraud people. The payment was to be made over time. I cancelled with them after the first installment and then they charged my bank account the entire rest of the payment even though it was not yet due. They then tried unsuccessfully to take additional money out of my account to which they were not entitled. I have requested a full refund and this was promised two weeks ago, but has not yet been provided. They sent me their own refund request form the same day they first contacted me and I filled it out and returned it. Now they say they do not give out refunds. I have the absolute right to receive a refund and cancellation under state law. I sent them a copy of this law, but they ignore it. They are operating illegally.

User's recommendation: Stay away from these con artists!!!

ID
Cons
  • It is a scam
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Verified Reviewer

Zelle Pay - Unilaterally canceled my Zelle Account

For unknown reasons, Zelle just deleted my Account that I have been using to receive two payments a month for over two years. I have tried talking to nine different customer service people for over two hours now in an attempt to restore my account. They cannot provide a reason. Is Zelle trying to not do business? I have uninstalled their App and re-installed it several times now without success. Zelle says my debit card is not compatible to use, even though this is the same debit card I have been using to get Zelle payments for the past two years. Zelle's customer service people are telling me bad information. This service really stinks!

User's recommendation: Skip using Zelle.

#2011716

"cannot provide a reason" Let me guess, you didn't bother to READ or UNDERSTAND the terms you agreed to. Here's the thing, any bank can shut you down at ANY TIME for ANY or NO reason.

Forget it, this is done.

It's over...Harassing the staff, asking for the magic manager will do nothing for you. OK, say it..." you must work for (insert company I'm mad at)."

#2005360

Canceled me telling me they have the right to do it. No explanation given. Awful customer service.

View more comments (1)
ID
Service
Zelle Pay Money Transfer
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered