Verizon Discount Phone Offers

Update by user Dec 26, 2017

The issue was not resolved, but I was able to purchase the phones elsewhere without those stipulations.

Original review posted by user Nov 24, 2017
We have 2 personal lines of limited data with Verizon, and my husband has his at Verizon through his work. I spoke with a Verizon Rep, who was looking at my account, about purchasing a new smartphone for my husband but through my account so we would pay for it and not his work. The rep said yes we could do that. We picked the Moto Z2 Force. The price for the phone was listed as $15.75/month for 24 months. We were ready to purchase the phone. I had some questions about the mods. The rep answered them. She was very polite and helpful. My complaint is not against her. I then asked for verification about the sale price. I was told that I have to have the Unlimited Plan in order to qualify for the discount. I have a limited plan for 2 reasons: 1) We stay home a lot and use WiFi. 2) Unlimited data for 2 lines is double what we pay now. The quality of service stinks and the difference between 4G and Safe Mode is nonexistent. Not upgrading any time soon! This is proof that I am being discriminated against because I am not throwing money away for something I can't use, don't need. Doesn't this sort of behavior qualify as extortion?
ID