Paynes Automotive - Payne's Automotive = heartless theives

I took my vehicle to Payne's Automotive in on Bingle Rd. in Houston Texas in March of 2009. I was told I had cracks in my serpentine belt and would soon need a replacement. About two months later I had an oil change and went ahead and had the belt, idler pulley and water pump replaced. Two thousand miles later, I was hearing a loud shreiking shrill coming from the belt area. I took it somewhere else initially and was told it was the belt. In disbelief, I took it to 4 more places and was told it was the cheap belt. Upon returning to Payne's Automotive, Gloria told me it was the tensioner. I left and took it to two more places and was told it was the belt. Needless to say, I had to have the belt replaced since the one the placed on my vehicle was cheap and expanding too much and allowing for all the noise. I just believe it was horribly heartless of them to send me and my three children off in a vehicle with a belt that didn't not have a chance of survival. Since I don't drive that often, that is only reason the belt didn't break on us. To God be the Glory.

I just got an estimate for new brake pads on front and back. Close to $500!!!!!! Unbelievable.

ID
Stafford, Texas
Loss

National Tire and Battery - NTB hires unexperienced labor

I purchased 4 new tires totalling over $400 from NTB. Just doing a visual walkaround the balancing weights began loosening only 2 months and had to be redone. I had previously had the vehicle alignment checked so this was not the issue. At one point a tire got a screw in it, in which I allowed NTB to put a patch on and not even 24 hours later it was losing air again. I am afraid to let them fix the other one since I have three children and really can't afford sparing our safety riding on improperly repaired tires.

earl why would you want the customer to call you *** wva hick

Dude just let them know that ur stuff did not hold up and complain bet u they fix it right.

*** happens. Maybe the pacth did not hold up.

I am a former employee and life long customer there are some bad apples and some new hires they may not know what's going on or are not verry good at their job but all in all lots of good people in the company and a lot of tallent but a little pricey sometimes but usually worth it :x

uh, call their customer service department

or go to another sears/NTB dealer nearby and tell them that you don't trust them & get your road hazard warranty repair job done

View more comments (2)