Old Republic Home Protection - Poor Service on both ends of the business

Had setup appointment for Plumber to come out to look at toilet. When we flush it backs up into the walk-in shower in the bathroom. The plumber tries to clear drain. Walk out to "make a phone" to Old Republic to get authorization to move forward to next step. The Old Republic calls me and informs me what the plumber is going to do next. Old Republic informs me the Plumber cannot clear drain, needs to remove the toilet to clear the line which I am told is not covered by the plan according the Old Republic. The cost to remove the toilet is $125 REALLY? Now the plumber comes back after talking to Old Republic to move forward to remove toilet. NOW the plumber informs me that he does not have to tools needed with him to do the job. WHAT? The plumber comes out to do a job and is not prepared, so he is going to come out the next day. He leaves. I now CALL Old Republic back, explaining my disappointment with the plumbing contractor Old Republic choose and sent to me. NOW Old Republic phone person informs me that there is a mistake and the repair request should have been denied, because they do not cover it if the toilet has to be removed. So NOW Old republic is telling me TWO different stories. Now I ask for a supervisor and am placed on hold for 45 minutes. And someone else comes back and says they need to transfer me again. NOW I just want a REFUND for my plan and no longer need anything from Old Republic. On top of that I had a order in for a Overhead Garage door to be looked at as well and 3 days and still not contact to setup appointment for the garage door. The Contracts Old Republic chooses are worthless and even Old Republic themselves give contradiction info to me the customer. No one knows what’s going on. Time for a Refund
San Ramon, California
Cons
  • Everything about the company
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Aureus Hardwood Flooring - Aureus - Hardwood Flooring - Poor Quality!!

Aureus Hardwood Flooring - Aureus - Hardwood Flooring - Poor Quality!!
Do not use Aureus, a hardwood flooring company in Mesquite, TX We had Branon Hensley and wife Rebecca repair/refinish our hardwood floor. There were multiple problems throughout the process. He was always running late, never on time. He never completed one task before skipping to the next one. The hardwood floor was not completely installed (wood missing) before he stained the floor. The stain was not applied correctly, he missing staining some areas. And even when he had his wife help him apply the stain she even asked him if she was doing it right. Obviously she had no idea what she was doing. Then he put down the polyurethane on the incomplete floor before making sure the sawdust and debris was removed; Resulting in the poly finish having lint, hair, and debris in the floor finish. He did NOT take criticism well and though he knew everything. I had another company with over 25 year of experience come out and look at the job he did , and the confirmed to me that is was poorly done. My recommendation is to not use him or this company for any reason. We had another company start over and complete the work professionally and correctly.
ID
#205262 Review #205262 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Dallas, Texas

UPS Damaged Insured package - will not pay up

I mailed a Laptop that I sent to my customer. She recieved it and found that it would not work (run). I had her send it back to me, and then I sent her a refund. I confirmed that the computer was not in the same condition as when I first shipped it. Filed a Claim. They come back and say the box was not strong enough. First, I ordered this box specifically for shipping this laptop which had custom foam cushioning inside. They said is was packaged find and no movement but that the BOX was "not strong enough to withstand shaking" The BOX has nothing to do with shaking!! On top of that after they were done inspecting my damaged laptop, they returned it to my customer; to the person I have already refunded their money to. I have other problem with damaged items through UPS after a long fight the claims were paid; which took 3-6 month each time. Lesson learned DO NOT USE UPS, and think that just because you insured it that they will pay up. They will come up with something!

UPS Store packed items are guaranteed. UPS has to pay on Store packed items as per their agreement Store's get a presumption of proper packaging.

It sounds like they used a laptop box, it should have been fine of course items can still get damaged even with proper packing.

UPS will pay the claim if it was packed by the UPS Store. If the store claims UPS/Crawford won't pay, call their bluff, ask for a copy of the denial letter, if they have one insist on a claim dispute and remind them they have a presumption of proper packing per their cdv agreement with UPS.

UPS Did the same to me. I had a laptop that was shipped back to me that my daughter took on her vacation.

I called the local ups store where she was and arranged for the shipment. She dropped it off and the UPS Store packaged it with no padding in the box. Needless to say, it was damaged.

Now they are denying the claim. Item was insured.

View more comments (1)
ID
#201436 Review #201436 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Dallas, Texas

Houston Video Photography - Houston Video & Photography

Sean Hunter from Houston Video and Photography of Houston, Texas, said it would take 6 months to do the Wedding Video and editing of it. Paid Sean Hunter in full and 9 months later still no Video and no contact with him. He does not return phone calls or emails and make false promises.`Watch out for Sean Hunter from Houston Video & Photography. He is a big scam!! His website is www.houstonvp.com We hired a lawyer and threated to take him to court. After almost 11 months he sends us our Wedding DVDs, and well they don't play right. They skip and freeze up. He does not ever spell our address right on the Fedex package, we were lucky that we ever got the mail. And the package didn't even have a return address. Don't hire this guy unless you like poor quality and a chance of losing all your wedding day memories; which we have!

I just wanna make clear that Houston Photo Video is NOT the same entity as Houston Video & Photography. So if you have problems with Houston Video & Photography , contact Houston Photo Video (HoustonPhotoVideo.com)

same happened to us....it took us over two years to get our video.......DO NOT hire him

I am going through the same thing as you. My husband and I got married on June 9, 2007.

The last conversation we had with Sean was back in January 2008 and he said the product will be done in Feb.-late March. Since then, we have not heard from him via phone or email. After reading your story, it has confirmed what my gut has been telling me all along. I will definitely be pursuing legal action now.

I would like to know more about your story and any advice will help. Thank you.

View more comments (2)
ID
#119011 Review #119011 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Richardson, Texas

Houston Video Photography - Never Received Wedding DVD from houstonvp.com

We paid Sean Hunter from Houston Video & Photography to do our Wedding DVD. He said it would take 6 months to be ready. Well 9 months and count we still have not received our DVD memories. He does not return phone call and make false promises. Do no do business with this company. Located in Houston, TX. Turned him into the Better Business Beau and working with Lawyers now. We have lost any recorded memories of our Wedding day, that only will happen once, and is not replaceable. You can contact this company for more info about this at 281-935-****, oh but he won't answer.

7 years and we don't have our son's. Really thought Sean was such a nice guy. Very disappointed we don't have their wedding video.

I got married in 2006 and still don't have my final video. Finally found someone who can help me but the raw footage I purchased is protected so no one can access it.

Sean Hunter is un-responsive; and when I would finally get him, he would give me a string of excuses and then never call me back/return my emails. Find someone else!!!

?Montgomery County’s Special Investigations Unit and Conroe police received a tip that Sean Allen Hunter, 37, was dealing drugs out of his apartment in the 500 block of FM 1488. When officers arrived, they saw Hunter throwing a large, plastic bag from his balcony into the woods, according to the MCSO.

Officers searched the apartment, and found the bag in the woods, recovering about $4,000 in cash, 2 ounces of cocaine, vials of liquid steroids, Hydrocodone and Zanax pills, an electronic scale and other drug paraphernalia. Also recovered were ledgers which indicated drug sales and tabs of LSD.

Deputies arrested Hunter and took him to the Montgomery County Jail where he is being held on a $170,000 bond.

:? :( :(

Drug bust nets cash, cocaine, steroids in 1488 apartment

Published 02/29/2012 | By Bryan Shettig

Print Listing Share on FacebookTweet This Send to Friend Send this listing to someoneYour Email:Their Email:Click Here To Add Your Comments ... Verification Information

Type in what you see above: *

Verification InformationPlease type the characters you see in this picture. Note: The characters are all lower case. x

Items recovered by deputies and investigators at the FM 1488 apartment. Photo courtesy of MCSO. CONROE, Texas –– A drug bust of a Conroe man living in apartment has yielded a cache of drugs, from cocaine to steroids and illegal prescription pills.

Sean Hunter is a dangerous convicted felon. His last known address was in the woodlands.

last known job was with Papadeauxs.

he was recently married and possibly divorced. you may find info at the public records or the courthouse

Had a successful wedding video by Sean in 2003. Hired him in 06 and 07 for other weddings.

Received video from 06 wedding with errors he said he would correct. Have only received "raw footage" from 07 wedding. Recommended him to two church friends. Both families have struggled getting their memories from him.

We are SO disappointed in Sean's lack of integrity and honesty.

Boy, do I feel conned. Hmmmm, what to do???

Sean successfully completed a wedding video for a family in 2003. It is beautiful.

We hired him for two other weddings. One in 2006 and one in 2007. We received a video from the 06 wedding - it has errors and he is to redo it. We have only received "raw footage" from the 07 wedding.

We are SO disappointed in Sean and the lack of honesty and integrity he has shown to many customers. We recommended him to two other church friends after the 03 wedding. Both families have struggled to get their memories from him. He does not reply to us either.

Just found him on facebook. Hope to hear from him soon.

#281979

I have met this person Sean Hunter in person. He claims to be a high roller, living in the Woodlands in luxury apartments and claims to do many weddings per week.

He claims to gamble out of state and always has a roll of cash. *** Artist like I have never seen before!!!

We finally received our Wedding DVD, sub par, poor quality. After we threatened him with a letter from our lawyer, if any of you all would like to get your memories back, than Hire a Lawyer!

Yes it will cost but, in the end you will win if you have all of your written proof.

Good Luck to everyone. Looks like this has happened to many people, how sad.

The exact same thing happened to us. We were married in November of 2004, and have yet to recieve our wedding video.

The worthless person stole $1200 from us.

I wish everyone would contact Amy Adkins at channel 2 news. (click 2 houston) Maybe if ebough of us report our problem they will hunt him down for us.

View more comments (23)